6max NLHE Regs here????

• PidKoker
      Anyone out there got any information for me just curious about a few things...

in 10/9 max games QQ+ is enough to get it all in so should we do the same in 6 max or can we push looser early (eg. JJ+)

anyone play 6max regularly is there more/less variance then there would be in 10/9max games? also for 6max turbos is 50-100 buyins more than enough?

i was told that there are less regular grinders and more fish in 6max so is this better since I wont be seeing the same players as much?

If I think of anymore questions I'll add them to this.

• 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Sorry misread forum section, thought he was talking about ring games..
    • viewer88
      I used to play the 6max sng, and they are definatly beatable ^^

The regular 10seaters are more beatable though imo, since they have a different game dynamic and are WAY more easy to multitable.

In 6max play is tight in general, although you have to shift gears a little sooner. Blind pressure is a key concept, because you also pay the blinds more often. In the 30/60 blindlevel it's important to start stealing the blinds loosely from the bubble (since you will often be playing 3-4handed by now).

You create loads of difficult postflop spots though, and high variance AND less volume. The level of play is worse and it's still beatable (20% ROI has to be possible, I ran at ~16% over 800 games and those were the first 800 sng's I played).
    • PidKoker
      If there are any 6max regs here, I wouldn't mind having a chat about 6max just leave a message here or add me to the PS friends thingy..if you feel that you have some time to help me out. Would be greatly appreciated.
    • Verre
      Well, I used to play on FTP under a different account (got shut down because my brother had an account as well) I was a 3.30 6max regular.

I played about 2000 tables over a few months and turned a low RoI $400 dollar profit. The difference I notice between 6 and 9/10 handed is that in 6 handed (expecially turbo) your card luck early will set you up for the rest of the tournament. One big early win will allow you to bully your way through to the money quite easily.

I used a very aggressive strategy when I hit hands. You will get alot of loose/aggressive players in 6 handed because everyone is trying to double up early. If you just wait out a good hand to start before the 3-4 level and capitalize on it, you will win a majority of your tables.