[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH AJ, TPTK river fold

• Dragar
      Known players:

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.80, BU folds, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($3.20) 5:club: , 3:club: , J:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00, SB calls $2.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($9.20) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $4.60, Hero calls $4.60, CO calls $4.60.

River: ($23.00) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $10.00, 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $23.00

Seemed to me as if I was behind... he has set or flush or something.
      Or I was still influenced by my other beats, no clue.

What should be my river line? Turn should have raised probably but was already suspicious of something there. He had great implied odds for pre-flop call...
  • 4 replies
    • generals007
      I would have raised turn ... tptk and nut flushdraw should be enough. Would have folded river as well.
    • aciddrop
      I would have bet potsize on the flop with three opponents, I want these calling stations to pay me out big time if I hit the turn here.

TPTK, nut FD means build a pot, this is a strong hand. Another club could kill the action.

SB donk on the turn looks strong all of a sudden. With these guys, 57 or 46 are possible holdings. You could raise and go broke against him, but you have the odds to call for the nut flush.

Folding river is ok. He is looking for value, and one pair is no good.
    • caltabiano
      I'm not reraising the turn. He's giving you the odds to call for the flush. So thank him for that =) If you reraise you have to go broke very often and lose very often.

Another club won't be action killer against 2P or sets.

Donking turn against 2opp is pretty strong, so you can find a fold on the unhit river.
    • Kaitz20
      I´d also just call turn
      Getting that odds on the river, I´d likely just call, sometimes he has there Jx or some draw.