[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Ah 66

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:diamond: , 6:spade:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]BU raises to $1,00[/color], [color:grey]SB folds[/color], Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) 5:club: , Q:club: , 8:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]BU bets $1,50[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $4,00[/color], [color:grey]BU folds[/color].

Final Pot: $7,60

Can I make this move to know where I stand or is it stupid?
  • 9 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      A check/raise on the flop looks like a strong hand. Against a steal, this is one way to defend, and it is a pretty dry flop. Don't try it against someone aggressive or stupid.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      My problem is when i call or bet and get called on flop I basically get no information whatsoever. I'd check turn and if i get bet to I still don't know what to do and I'd probably have to fold.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      If you are calling small pp oop from button steals you have to make these moves every so often to make the call profitable because as you mentioned you have to fold to double barrels all the time. Check raise on that flop is ok but it depends on the reason why you are doing it, you shouldn't be doing it for information but just to take the pot down as a bluff, as this flop is fairly dry it's an ok one to do it on as it is likely he doesn't have anything.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Well that is the same ... if he calls i can give up the hand and know that it is no good unless i get lucky and hit trips.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      yea i can see how it can be seen as for information, but then you can say bluffing is for information. I think there is a difference and personally i would classify this as a bluff but just semantics.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Alright, I ultimately turn my low pair into a fullgrown bluff if I do this. Does this make sense? I could as well hold absolute air here...
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Yes, this is how i understand it.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      This is a perfectly decent move. A BU oR could be virtually any2.

He's gonna c-bet the flop for sure and it's very likely that he didn't hit this flop. If he did hit it, you'll soon find out. A c/r makes him fold a huge part of his range. If he calls, you fire again or give it up.. this is opp dependant
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also call a lot pf with small pp-s and Nick told me it is big mistake:
      - BU has never strong opening range, so if you hti set, you don´t get paid
      - you´re never know where you at and there could be a lot ugly turn/river cards if you just c/c flop
      So then it is fine to take c/r line at some flops, but once get called, you´re likely never ahead and still have to c/f turn.

Consider all that I think 3-bet or fold small pp-s is fine option to take against BU steal.
      As played: nh
      you can´t call there down profitable, so take c/r line is fine.
      You could also c/f.