This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AJo

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](3 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , A:heart:
      [color:grey]BU folds[/color], [color:red]SB raises to $1,00[/color], Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) 9:heart: , A:spade: , 8:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $1,50[/color], SB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,00) 3:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $3,50[/color], SB calls $3,50.

River: ($12,00) 4:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $12,00

Can't really raise for value on river can I? Pockets would fold, small aces would fold on 3rd bet. Except he has exactly NO brain.
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      It's ok to fire small value bet. Something like $4 - $5. He seems really passive.

Bet bigger on flop and turn for protection though. I got for $1,70 on flop and $4 on turn.

And you can 3bet it preflop against SB oR. You can aslo call since you're IP. The best is to mix calling and 3betting for deception =) Each has its advantages.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I usually don't 3bet Aj or lower. If I get called I am sitting on a big pot with a "low" ace.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      But this is a blind battle.. you can 3bet looser, as your opponent will call looser as well. But like I said, it's not a must. Calling is perfectly fine.
      I personally like to do it from time to time to extend my 3betting range and mix up my game.

You can beat other A's even after you 3bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think AJ is good enough hand to 3-bet pf for value.
      Postflop: I´d played the same way, you could bet river smt 4$ for value and he would call you down with worse hands (bad thing about that is sometimes it also induce showes, so you likely have to b/c river).