Meh poker is dead, just fun

• figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      Hi pokerstrategysts,

Short introduction of me, I was professional poker player for ~6 years. After I was so tired of all the sitting at computer and all poker routine that I took a break from cards for 2 years. I was doing things absolutely not related to poker for this time. Now I am in a small vacation and decided to have some fun by returning to poker.

So not sure if I can call this a challenge, I think I will call it an experiment to see if it`s possible to win in this game after longer brake and absolutely no study of game at all for last 2 years.

I deposited 500$ on poker room and started playing, let`s see what happens.

I think I will start with NL10 fast poker type tables just to get back into habbit of playing and to get used to the interface of the game.

What happens after? Let`s see if I will succeed to move up till the end of the month and not go broke already :)

P.S. If some pokerstrategy support reads this, then I have a question. I`m not getting the PS points for playing on my room that I registered long time ago (+7years). Of course at that time I was getting the points. Perhaps you have changed conditions for this room or something. Meh.
  • 8 replies
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      The beginning is not too bad.

Let`s see what is happening in higher stakes and hope to not get crushed
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      How did you play 30 000 hands in 7 hours?
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      Originally I didn`t plan to make a post here, but one day I was surfing the web and got back to PS.com page which I haven`t visited for ages. I saw some forum sections and made a post. The graph is from last week.

I see the new players have a lot of struggle at the beginning of their career. I think the new players would have an interesting read about some "old" player experience of playing micros again and going from there. I`m doing it more just for fun than anything as I started to miss poker again and don`t feel comfortable to jump in the bigger games after such a long break.

By the way, graph of NL20 comming soon boys and girls :)
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

The second week is coming to the end and with mixed results. The first try of nl20 was not successful, but things with nl10 is going good. Perhaps I will give a second try to nl20 at the end of this week, will see.

I was running very bad, I hate when it happens when you`re taking a shot. I will add some hands, feel free to comment if you find them interesting.

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $29.41 (147.1 bb)
      BB: $26.25 (131.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $48.20 (241 bb)
      MP: $25.50 (127.5 bb)
      CO: $32.64 (163.2 bb)
      BTN: $24.83 (124.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with :Ad: :Qh:
      Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.20, SB raises to $2.20, BB folds, Hero raises to $48.20 and is all-in, BTN folds, SB calls $27.21 and is all-in

Flop: ($60.22) :Jc: :5d: :9d: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: ($60.22) :5s: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($60.22) :Kh: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $60.22 pot ($3.01 rake)
      Final Board: :Jc: :5d: :9d: :5s: :Kh:
      SB showed :3d: :Kc: and won $57.21 ($27.80 net)
      Hero showed :Ad: :Qh: and lost (-$29.41 net)

On this one I was sure he had Aces, but meeh:

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $24.34 (121.7 bb)
      MP: $17.80 (89 bb)
      CO: $17.63 (88.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $20.20 (101 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Jh: :Jc:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, CO raises to $2, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($4.30) :Kd: :3h: :Tc: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.30) :7s: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

River: ($4.70) :Jd: (2 players)
      CO bets $3.52, Hero raises to $18 and is all-in, CO calls $11.91

Results: $35.56 pot ($1.77 rake)
      Final Board: :Kd: :3h: :Tc: :7s: :Jd:
      CO showed :Kh: :Kc: and won $33.79 ($16.16 net)
      Hero showed :Jh: :Jc: and lost (-$17.63 net)

Let`s see how the journey will continue, this weeks graph of nl10 is coming soon
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      The second week is finished. Feeling a bit sad about the run at nl20 but overall things are looking good. Let`s see how goes the moving up next week.

The graph of nl10 so far:

My opinion of nl10 games: The level of players is very low. In general, there are no good regular players. Most of the regs have huge leaks in their game. The games are beatable easily with a solid gameplan.
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      Last week finally got some downswing. I were running very bad and felt like I could not win any pot, but at the end looking at the graph, I think the results could have been much worse :)

Let`s see this week how goes the moving up plan. Need to finally win somethign at nl20 also. :f_confused:
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      Hello, boys and girls. Time for next update.

This time have been struggling with a variance a little bit, but it should end soon :)

• Tim128
      Tim128
      Gold
      Which room are you playing? Nice swingy uptrendy results!