QJJ8ss

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $103.63 (103.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $118.40 (118.4 bb)
      CO: $74.55 (74.6 bb)
      BTN: $100 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :8s: :Jd: :Qs: :Jh:
      CO folds, BTN raises to $2.50, SB calls $2, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($7.50) :Qh: :4h: :Ad: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($7.50) :9c: (3 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero raises to $21, BTN folds, SB calls $16

River: ($49.50) :7s: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Unconventional reg. Somewhat passive pre but my read is that he loves to bet aggressively on turns vs weakness, often MW.
      Iirc, BU was recreational.

What do you think about my turn raise, based on the above read? Is it better to call, or just fold?

Once you've thought about those, here is SB's hand:

Results:
      $49.50 pot ($2 rake)
      Final Board: :Qh: :4h: :Ad: :9c: :7s:
      SB showed :Kh: :Th: :7h: :Ts: and lost (-$23.50 net)
      Hero showed :8s: :Jd: :Qs: :Jh: and won $47.50 ($24 net)

What do you think about his turn play? Is it standard or should he be folding to the raise?
      Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      You block some of his lightest stabs, so... I pass. If you have a hand like low hearts, 94, JT, even like AK (if you really think he's overdoing it), i don't mind. Would like to know on what board did you get that read on, since this is hardly a board that is super easily attackable imo.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      All sorts of boards. Seriously confirmed read. He leads for value, too. But it's clearly a gameplan of his.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Likely still close. Obv if you think he'll fold like Q9 or AKT etc to this raise, then you'll likely profit with close to any4.
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      So you block some of his continuing range and therefore raising, not being able to get 2prs with pocket pair? You think he is too strong to barrel blank river after calling?

I would say it is iffy spot in his shoes to continue here with underpair and 3 nut outs. Maybe he has a confirmed read that you know some good plays?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by SeagalSteven
      So you block some of his continuing range and therefore raising, not being able to get 2prs with pocket pair? You think he is too strong to barrel blank river after calling?

I would say it is iffy spot in his shoes to continue here with underpair and 3 nut outs. Maybe he has a confirmed read that you know some good plays?
      I must admit that most of the time my bluff raises get called, I'm giving up. In this case it helps to know how light he can lead turns (b/c we're doing better with at least some SDV otr - although I was surprised to be good here.)

Sounds like you both dislike the raise. So do we just fold here and let him continue to lead out wide, or is bluffcatching an option?
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      I think it makes sense in theory. You block his continuing range with Q, JJ and heart, read that he stabs wide. Usually ppl dont stab that wide mw but I guess he doesnt mind. You have something but I think too little to call and bluffcatch with.

River though I would continue with my story of AQ+ when total blank comes. I think Ah quite strongly in villains donk/call range and Q is not enough. It's about does he have some 2prs and/or can he fold it. He really shouldnt station with every 2prs if he has Ah when you cant have misses NFD then.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      True and good point. Need to get better at firing the river bullet :D