Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $13,13
      BU:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, CO folds, BU raises to $3,00, 2 folds, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,35) K:club: , 8:diamond: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5,00, Hero raises to $10,13 (All-In), BU calls $5,13.

Turn: ($26,61) 7:diamond:
      River: ($26,61) 3:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $26,61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Qh Kh)
      BU shows a pair of aces (As Ad)

BU wins with a pair of aces (As Ad)

und

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,96
      BU:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club: , Q:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU raises to $3,00, 2 folds, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,35) Q:spade: , T:diamond: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4,00, Hero raises to $7,96 (All-In), BU calls $3,96.

Turn: ($22,27) 2:heart:
      River: ($22,27) A:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $22,27

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and tens (Tc Qc)
      BU shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ah Qh)

BU wins with two pairs, aces and queens (Ah Qh)
  • 8 replies
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      Why do you play with a 40-50 BB stack?
    • schaken
      schaken
      Bronze
      I dunno...
      It was the normal Buyin.. I just klicked OK
    • RavinMic
      RavinMic
      Bronze
      I don't know the results of the second hand, but raising KQs from middle position is definately the wrong play, not a bad beat.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      i don't see how first hand could count as a bad beat at all. and second one, i don't see what vilain had.
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      "I dunno... It was the normal Buyin.. I just klicked OK "

Then it's wrong play definately.

In poker, you always need to know why you do what you do, if you don't, only luck could save you the day, and you'll end up losing in the end. Everything is important, the way you play your cards, the tables you sit at, and the stack you buy-in with all need to make sense together.

We, PokerStrategists, always buy-in either for 20 BB for the Short Stack Strategy (full ring tables only), where we get most of our value pre-flop, with our strongest hands only (the ones that have the biggest edge pre-flop) or 100 BB for the Big Stack Strategy, which allows us to see flops with a bunch of good speculative hands hoping to hit something great because of the great implied odds, if our opponent is also big stacked.

Since you were playing 5-handed games, and I have no clue about the typical pre-flop reraising ranges of the people who play 5-handed games, I cannot say if you should have folded these hands to your opponent's reraise or not. At a fullring NL25 table, for example, where by default that range is JJ+, AK at loosest (if we forget about the occasional maniac), you would be calling opponent's reraise being way behind of his range and with very bad implied odds because of your stack. A guaranteed loss of money in the long run.

Apparently, you need to work with the basic and bronze articles a bit more, and choose a stategy that makes sense as a whole. Also, you need to avoid short-handed tables for now in my opinion.

Good luck.
    • schaken
      schaken
      Bronze
      ok...
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      First hand was not a bad beat. A bad beat is when you get all your money in with the best of it and your opponent hits a lucky card and beats you. The second hand qualifies better for a bad beat. However with only 40BB you should play much tighter and not call when KQs and QTs gets reraised. Buy in with 100BB or more if that is possible and you may call looser.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Your preflop raises are ok for shorthanded play
      calling the 3-bets preflop is a bit marginal, I would do it only if you are going to have position postflop
      dont slowplay two pair, ever. It is vulnerable - protect it. Both hands you checkraised with vulnerable hands, big mistake. You should bet both flops then fold to a reraise.

And whats with the stack sizes? Play fullstacked or shortstacked, nothing in between. With these stack sizes you have no fold equity, no implied odds, no ability to control the pot, and you cant protect your hands without becoming pot committed. There is simply no correct way to play these hands with the strange stack sizes you are playing with.