AA83ss

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $98.26 (98.3 bb)
      BB: $135.98 (136 bb)
      UTG: $105.10 (105.1 bb)
      Hero (MP): $149.95 (150 bb)
      CO: $184.33 (184.3 bb)
      BTN: $100.91 (100.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with :Ac: :3d: :8d: :As:
      UTG raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $12, 4 folds, UTG calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.50) :Kh: :3c: :Th: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $17.50, UTG raises to $76.73, Hero folds

Villain is a reg. Really in two minds about whether to bet flop and whether to go with our hand vs the x/s.

Thoughts?
      Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Your 3bet sizing seems big. I expect a 3x 3bet is big enough in position most of the time.
      Also, I would most likely cBet around half pot and fold on a raise what you did as well as PLO fish. I expect he will only check/raise with better and strong draws.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Interesting. I never 3b smaller in position. Kyyberi, thoughts on that strategy?
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      Pot limit omaha is a game where you pot your preflop raises SDK.

You could develope your own different strategy where you exploit ppl with smaller bet sizes and I guess playing wider and 3betting way more then. But it would require quite much effort and thinking, to make sure you're the one exploiting your opponents and making more money than standard strat.

Also when 3betting vs utg you shouldnt usually go nuts, and if you have strong range why let ppl get involved with cheaper price?

This flop hits tighter utg/mp ranges quite well. I would xback these weak aces here and go from there. Now that you bet you would need only 36% to stack off, so it really sucks to end up bet folding imo.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      How much you have FE against utg range on that flop? :)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      This flop hits tighter utg/mp ranges quite well. I would xback these weak aces here and go from there. Now that you bet you would need only 36% to stack off, so it really sucks to end up bet folding imo.
      "go from there"

What's the plan if you check? What turns are you calling/raising/folding? What rivers do you continue?
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      Do you understand that's kind of wide question :rolleyes:

It depends on the card that comes. It depends on whether he leads or checks again. It depends which kind of player we're dealing with, or if we have any reads or even know how wide his range is.

In general a heart or high straight card there is no point to continue against a lead, we're not doing great against anything and cant rep anything. If villain checks he either has nothing and we're good or he is going to check-call, so no point betting unless hero wants to go for straight blocker-play with AA (I really wouldnt).

If an 3 comes he should always check and we bet for value/broke. If Ad comes money goes in. Ah seeing river. 8 call a lead unless super-passive player. If he checks can either bet or just take the free card he offers. If a total low card blank comes agains same thing, or just shove as doing much better against his draws.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      If I parsed your answer correctly, you stack off on A, call on A to boat up, jam on 7 or lower (non-hearts)? Fold others. So you stack off on 12 cards ott against a lead, which is 27% of the time. Wasn't that long, was it? :f_love:

If an 3 comes he should always check
      why?

Originally posted by Kyyberi
      How much you have FE against utg range on that flop? :)
      I see your point. How much equity do we have otf? Because that's what we're trying to figure out...
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      I think 7 is still somewhat meaningfull card as it hits some mid-high rundowns utg can have more often. 6 and lower I think are more blankish, unless opponent is wider than normal.

I think in general its ok to play even tighter and give up, big hands for big pots and weaker hands smaller pots.

I think 3 is just very good card for 3-better here, he can never have aces and what 3's can he have? If he has Kxxx can he lead for value, or why is he betting?

If he leads good, just jamming then :)