[NL2] Conti-bet here? In which case do you not do your conti-bet?

• LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Bronze
      Hi all,

have a general question and a sample hand for this. It's all about the conti-bet:

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $1.98 (99 bb)
      BB: $2.28 (114 bb)
      UTG: $3.53 (176.5 bb)
      MP: $3.80 (190 bb)
      CO: $0.64 (32 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2.57 (128.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Kc: :Ad:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.09, 2 folds, CO calls $0.07

nice hand and a limper that I can isolate.

Flop: ($0.21) :7d: :8s: :6s: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

very bad board for my AK and I think it hits a lot of his liming hands. I think he limps a lot of suited connectors and pairs like 22-88. Therefore I decided not to conti-bet. OTT we see that he gives me aggression and therefore I thnk I have to fold.
      Now I'm asking myself: can you give me some impressions if my thoughts are good here or if I should have contibetted? In which case do you conti-bet and in which not?

Turn: ($0.21) :Td: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.10, Hero folds

would you call the bet as you have 2 overcards?

Results:
      $0.21 pot ($0.01 rake)
      Final Board: :7d: :8s: :6s: :Td:
      CO mucked and won $0.20 ($0.11 net)
      Hero mucked :Kc: :Ad: and lost (-$0.09 net)
  • 3 replies
    • Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      c-bet the flop I think - yes the flop does hit his range but he misses even more if he is opening wide. You gave him a free card to improve on the turn.

I think you probably have to fold on the turn as played, but what do I know.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      do not level. you have trash, you recognize it hits limper's range, so why would you want to invest any more money

the worst thing that you can do is that you cbet, he calls (he calls SO often here, any pair/fd/oesd and even any gutshot as well which makes for tons of combos), you check behind the turn and he bets his entire range on the river. fish is exploiting you without even knowing it
    • Fanko
      Fanko
      Bronze
      I would check behind that flop 100% of the time, as it hits his limp/calling range perfectly and a huge part of our range misses it entirely. No point trying to bluff the fish off the hand on that board.