Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (SB): $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.78 (139 bb)
      MP: $2.69 (134.5 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $2.29 (114.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :As: :9s:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, BB raises to $0.24, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.12
      No reads on Villain really - I had about 10 hands and this was the first hand he played (guess I can porbably say he isn't a maniac).
      Min raise from BTN was in 2 minds to call or 3bet - decided to treat it like a limp and 3bet/iso-raise. (Bu was opening quite wide, but again not many hands).
      On the min 4bet from BB was I okay to call? BB range TT+ AJ+ (don't think he has any 4bet bluffing in his range, but who knows?) I guess I am nut flush mining (such a thing?) Do I have the implied odds? I suppose if he does have a strong range and I make my flush I stand a good chance to win his stack?

Flop: ($0.52) :Kc: :2s: :6s: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35
      With the nut flush draw - I guess it is just a matter of pot odds now - and I think I get the odds to call on Flop and Turn.

Turn: ($1.22) :9c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.59, Hero calls $0.59

River: ($2.40) :4s: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.82 and is all-in, BB calls $0.82
      My calling paid off. I have the nuts and I get it all in. Was I right to have played this far though?
  • 3 replies
    • Fanko
      Fanko
      Bronze
      You cannot treat min open raise from BTN as a limp. It is pretty standard to open 2BB BTN.

I like the 3bet from SB, generally it is hard to have a calling range in SB vs steal, because you will be squeezed way too often and even when you do not, your range is quite weak and playing weak range out of position and with no initiative is just not a winning strategy.

After the 4bet, just fold and save yourself the trouble. You get great odds indeed, but you are totally dominated and out of position in an already big pot vs a very strong range.

Postflop you are not exactly getting great odds, but once you have decided to play the hand, i guess you just have to see it through. I would mostly just check/raise the flop and hope he can fold some QQ/JJ, AQ/AJ. When called, u still have good odds to hit flop to river. Passively calling OOP is not what i would advice you to do.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Pre I like the 3bet. You could call also, it shouldn't be terrible. Against the min 4bet you can just fold because it is often very very strong but you get good odds with your suited ace so I don't hate calling that much.
      Postflop was ok. You get the odds and OTT you pick up some trip/2pair outs too. You could raise at some point as semibluff as Fanko suggested but I see some problems in there and maybe like the calling here more. If you xr the flop it should be a shove because otherwise we would leave stupid stack size behind, we have just a flush draw and I'm not sure how much fold equity we have in a 4bet pot. If you check raise OTT you probably have even less fold equity because now villain should be quite strong when he double barrels and also the stack sizes are so small that he probably is committed.
    • mistralx
      mistralx
      Silver
      You should 3-bet bigger. You just give him too good odds to call (he needs ~29% equity). When you face 4-bet, fold with this hand.