Stack
      SB:
      $20.90
      Hero:
      $21.40
      CO:
      $11.20

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, SB raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $3.00, CO raises to $11.20 (All-In), SB calls $10.40, Hero raises to $21.40 (All-In), SB calls $9.70 (All-In).

Flop: ($53.50) 2:diamond: , 2:spade: , J:heart:
      Turn: ($53.50) A:spade:
      River: ($53.50) Q:spade: (3 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $53.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, queens full of deuces (Qh Qc)
      SB shows a full-house, aces full of deuces (Ah Ac)
      CO shows two pairs, sevens and deuces (7c 7d)

SB wins with a full-house, aces full of deuces (Ah Ac)
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      When CO shoves, I am rubbing my hands with glee, but when SB just calls this, I am having some thoughts about AA and KK. Surely, he is going to try and push you off your hand with this fish in the pot when he has some weaker holdings?

I find a fold here, and look at the result for some very cheap info.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      When CO shoves, I am rubbing my hands with glee, but when SB just calls this, I am having some thoughts about AA and KK. Surely, he is going to try and push you off your hand with this fish in the pot when he has some weaker holdings?

Sb could have weaker hand ranges than just KK, AA. I´m happy to ship it pf.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

In a normal B vs B situation, with the uberfish in the pot, I agree, SB can have a wider range, much wider.

And if he shoves here, I put him on his whole range. Because we can be on a resteal, he must shove. We will fold any trash hands anyway, but maybe against his overshove, we will fold TT, JJ, AT, AJ, even AQ, who knows maybe QQ if we are scaredy cats. If he is holding 99 or TT he would want that.

If he is holding AK, he wants the best value and most FE he can get. Uberfish is dead money.

You and I know we are never folding QQ here, or a lot of our range either, because the uberfish shoving is a dream for us here. So when SB, who could have been stealing, overshoves, instacall!!

This is such a standard hand.

Except. Because such a standard hand was posted in the forum, the owner obviously thought there was something about it that wasn't standard.

And when you go looking, there is something. This guy, who is a little passive preflop, 21/13, too much variation there, doesn't overshove. In an all in situation, he just calls. He is all in on any flop, or if we overshove, so why does he just call here?

Basically, he wants us in the pot, and without meaning to do it, he is telling us that he is not scared of an Ace on the flop. When you think about it, that even rules out KK.

If we are going to look beyond standard plays, and try to find the more subtle reads that will save us BB, this is where to find them.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

In a normal B vs B situation, with the uberfish in the pot, I agree, SB can have a wider range, much wider.

And if he shoves here, I put him on his whole range. Because we can be on a resteal, he must shove. We will fold any trash hands anyway, but maybe against his overshove, we will fold TT, JJ, AT, AJ, even AQ, who knows maybe QQ if we are scaredy cats. If he is holding 99 or TT he would want that.

If he is holding AK, he wants the best value and most FE he can get. Uberfish is dead money.

You and I know we are never folding QQ here, or a lot of our range either, because the uberfish shoving is a dream for us here. So when SB, who could have been stealing, overshoves, instacall!!

This is such a standard hand.

Except. Because such a standard hand was posted in the forum, the owner obviously thought there was something about it that wasn't standard.

And when you go looking, there is something. This guy, who is a little passive preflop, 21/13, too much variation there, doesn't overshove. In an all in situation, he just calls. He is all in on any flop, or if we overshove, so why does he just call here?

Basically, he wants us in the pot, and without meaning to do it, he is telling us that he is not scared of an Ace on the flop. When you think about it, that even rules out KK.

If we are going to look beyond standard plays, and try to find the more subtle reads that will save us BB, this is where to find them.
      I agree everything you said, but do make laydown there with QQ:
      - you have to put him on AA (since even KK should shove there, since he doesn´t like to see A high flop and then c/f).
      But I believe his calling range is wider than just AA (becfause it is nl 20 and can´t really make that decision based on general stats in 70 hands.
      With read that player would ship there TT-KK, AK, AQ and only coldcall with AA, it is easy fold- but don´t think that players hand range is so polarized, so likely he would also coldcall there with TT, JJ, since you 3-bet him and players don´t gebnerally like to ship pf with TT, JJ- but their hand is too good to fold against shortstack shove.