[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK river WTF?

• Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      I'm really sorry I couldn't convert this hand. I don't usually play with stats because it really lags my computer hardcore.

http://weaktight.com/829514

Anyways, I was on the table for a while. Villain in BB is your typical loose passive fish. Minbettign with air. Calling down with second pair. Donking out on flops. Open limping button.

The flop is extra dry and he can't really have much but I make my standard c-bet anyways. The turn completes a straight but thats probably just about it. Then the river is what I think a blank or maybe a scare card so I pot it for value because he is often going to call u down with way too many hands.
      But when he check-raised the river, I was like wtf? I mean I can still beat a lot of hands, but villain's line is just uber strong and he's the kind of loose passive guy that never value bets enough. His range is also soooo wide, it can be any two cards. He can have the straight, a set, two pair but thats probably about it.

The river just shocked the fuck outta me and had me tanking extra hard and the timer went off before I could make my decision and my hand went into automuck.
  • 5 replies
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      On weaktight, click 2p2 and copy to clipboard. Like so.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG BlackDog75 ($10.00)
      CO Hero ($10.55)
      BTN Sean Garwood ($14.79)
      SB Count Scoopula ($10.00)
      BB every7 ($12.40)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is CO K:club: K:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, every7 calls $0.20

Flop: 9:diamond: 2:club: 3:heart: ($0.65, 2 players)
      every7 checks, Hero bets $0.45, every7 calls $0.45

Turn: 6:club: ($1.55, 2 players)
      every7 checks, Hero bets $1.25, every7 calls $1.25

River: Q:spade: ($4.05, 2 players)
      every7 checks, Hero bets $4, every7 goes all-in $10.40, Hero folds

Final Pot: $12.05

every7 wins $17.65 ( won +$5.25 )
      Hero lost -$6

You should be making it 4x pf, and your river bet should be smaller ~2.50/3, but apart from that nh imo.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      As earlier said bet less on river and I am folding to the shove. Without stats it's hard to say here.
    • Wolandooo
      Wolandooo
      Bronze
      I bet a little more preflop - 4BB.

Flop ok.

Turn ok.

Why you bet on the river? If you would bet here it should be amount about 2/3 of pot. If you hadn't already seen that he push on the river like here your fold is ok. I agree with veriz - without stats it's hard to say here more.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I reckon your villain has put you on conti betting two overs, weak pockets or maybe A9. Id they had AQ / QK / JQ and thought the paired queen would hold up.

At least thats the likely situation vs me as I nearly always contibet :(

edit - and i pay trips far too often as you can see
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´also bet river, but likely bet 2-3$ and fold to shove.