CO: $90.85
      Button: $56.05
      SB: $24.50
      BB: $55.30
      UTG: $50

Dealt to BB - Hero A:spade: J:heart:

Pre-flop:
      (3 folds), Button raises to $1.50, (1 folds), Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) J:spade: A:heart: Q:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6.75, Button raises to $11, Hero raises to $53.80 and is all-in, Button calls $42.80

Turn: ($110.85) T:club: (2 Players)

River: ($110.85) 2:club: (2 Players)

Villain: 51/31 (VPIP/PFR); AF: 4, ATS: 50
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I am always 3betting this guy preflop, he is way loose, way aggressive, and sometimes against his range, AJ will be good enough to get in with then. Check out his 4bet range to be sure about that.

Against him, this flop has to be a dream. You are behind to AA, QQ, JJ, AQ and KT, and his range is so much wider than that.

What worries me about this is that this aggressive guy only minreraises your flop raise. It strikes me that with a weaker hand, he would 4bet much higher.

I want to shove, but now my heart has dropped to my stomach. I probably would anyway, because of my first thoughts, but I have a bad feeling.

EDIT: BTW, with his stats, I think he may play this hyper LAG style with good success, if this is a significant number of hands. They look very consistent across the range. That is why I fear his minreraise in this situation. It looks very like a value play with one of the better hands.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      I am always 3betting this guy preflop, he is way loose, way aggressive, and sometimes against his range, AJ will be good enough to get in with then. Check out his 4bet range to be sure about that.

Against him, this flop has to be a dream. You are behind to AA, QQ, JJ, AQ and KT, and his range is so much wider than that.

What worries me about this is that this aggressive guy only minreraises your flop raise. It strikes me that with a weaker hand, he would 4bet much higher.

I want to shove, but now my heart has dropped to my stomach. I probably would anyway, because of my first thoughts, but I have a bad feeling.

EDIT: BTW, with his stats, I think he may play this hyper LAG style with good success, if this is a significant number of hands. They look very consistent across the range. That is why I fear his minreraise in this situation. It looks very like a value play with one of the better hands.
      +1
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      He did that with ATo :)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      He did that with ATo :)
      Wow. All I can say to that is WTF!?

Mark him down as more of a fish then. I revise my assessment based on this result. TP and GSSD. I would never have picked that.