This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

"Power Up poker" bankroll challenge! $30 -> $1000

• Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Amazing results!
      Well done!
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Congratz for finshing your challange.
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tichwich85
      Amazing results!
      Well done!
      Thanks!
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CptJokerFish
      Congratz for finshing your challange.
      Thanks dude!
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      interesting challenge mate - and well done for smashing your goal! (interested to know if the higher BIs are soft as well btw?) are you still grinding these games? many regs?

cheers man :f_drink:
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sherriffatman
      interesting challenge mate - and well done for smashing your goal! (interested to know if the higher BIs are soft as well btw?) are you still grinding these games? many regs?

cheers man :f_drink:
      Hello there mate!

I would say the game as a whole is still very soft.

However, at the higher stakes we do find a greater number of regs which does decrease your overall win rate at those levels. Hopefully as the game develops we will see increased traffic in those areas.

And yes, I still play these regularly both on stream (every Tues, Thurs, Fri on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/op_poker) and in my down time.

See my final blog post below for more details on how this challenge went for me :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      AND THAT'S A WRAP!

We did it guys! We finally completed our challenge and successfully turned $30 into $1000.

The challenge started on the 22nd of November and officially finished 26th of April. (But more on that later...)

SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Our Bankroll currently stands at $1006.44 (at the time of completion - it's gone up since then!) which means:
      - Net profit = +$976.44
      - Total ROI (in all limits) = 14.14%

BREAK IT DOWN NOW!

So as promised, I am now going to share some information about the challenge and try to extrapolate some information for you regarding challenge length. The reason I consider it important to do this is because the length of time between challenge start and finish does give a somewhat skewed time scale for those of you grinding Power Up in your own time. The important thing to note here is:

1.) The vast majority of the challenge was streamed
      2.) When streaming I was only playing a single table

Please see below my results by stake level:

So overall, it seems apparent I am beating the game by a significant ROI. My only note at this stage is to basically disregard my stats from the $15s.

I've had many questions regarding "edge" at the what is currently the highest stakes and I can unequivocally confirm that they are absolutely beatable. I simply ran terrible in the small sample of 140 games which, as you can imagine, also added to the length of this challenge.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IN THE REAL WORLD?

With all that being said, I wanted to try and estimate how long the challenge would have taken had I been playing in my own time. For the sake of this calculation I am going to try and solve for length of challenge if:

1.) I am playing 8 hours of Power Up a day (approx. full time average grind)
      2.) I am playing 2 tables (I currently two table PU but hope to add more in future)

We know from PokerStars that the current average game length is around 13 minutes so I am going to do the following:

1664(games) x 13(minutes) = 21,632 Minutes total
      21632(minutes)/60(hour) = 360.53 Hours total
      360.53(total hours)/8(average grind day) = 45.06 Total days

Therefore, I estimate that this challenge would have taken around 1.5 months to complete had I been grinding in my own time. Not too shabby considering we were starting from a very small bankroll and PU is currently one of the most low variance formats available on Stars.

BOTTOM LINE?

Op-poker has proven that Power Up poker is both fun and profitable. So you should try it out for yourself! A couple closing statements from my final bankroll challenge stream below:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257592113
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hey congratulations on hitting your BR challenge :f_drink:
      Blog is awesome and going to tune in on your next stream:f_thumbsup:
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hey congratulations on hitting your BR challenge :f_drink:
      Blog is awesome and going to tune in on your next stream:f_thumbsup:
      Thanks mate!