[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH QQ set

• Dragar
      Known players:  

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.80, CO folds, BU calls $0.80, SB folds, BB raises to $2.80, Hero calls $2.00, BU folds.

Flop: ($6.50) Q:club: , 6:diamond: , J:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, BB raises to $6.00, Hero raises to $12.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $18.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qs Qh)

Hero wins with three of a kind, queens (Qs Qh)

Should I just call his raise and bet on the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      Bet bigger on flop & call his raise. Not that many draws are out there. Just give him a free card and bet turn.
    • aciddrop
      Yeah, you have easily the strongest hand here with not much prospect of it getting worse on this board, and you also have position.

Maybe cbet $4, and just call the minraise. He has to act first on the turn, and you don't want to drive him out here, you want him to put all his chips in for a showdown.

If he checks the turn and it is a total blank, eg, no cards to the straight draw, I would even check behind, encouraging him to go for a bluff on the river. In this situation, we have that luxury. If he does bet, shove over, he can't really fold then.

If he doesn't bet the turn and river, make a blockish kind of bet and hope he tries to bluff you off it.
    • Kaitz20
      I´d just b/c flop.
      He likely doesn´t have anything and this way he can bet himself into you and you can shove turn or if board pairs then think about 15 seconds, call agains and let hims hove on the river anything that he holds.

To avoid futher squeezes I´d 4-bet pf and get all-in pf