[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH AJo play

• Dragar
      Known players:  

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , J:club:
      CO folds, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.10) 6:spade: , 7:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU raises to $2.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.70

How to tell when to c-bet and when not to?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      I guess such connected and suited cards... there it is a bad idea to c-bet. I would just check & revalue turn.
    • csnmf
      There is probably an article on this in general c-bet dry boards e.g. K72 rainbow this is because this board is hard to hit so he will likely fold.

In general check/fold wet boards for example 678 two suits.

In this case definately check fold, because think what hands he would limp the button with. He almost never has broadway cards here he most likely has middle cards, small pocket pairs, suited connectors so now look at that board and you quickly realise that he has hit that board pretty hard, two pairs, sets, flush draws, straight draws, combo draws are all highly likely so a c-bet with air there is just burning money.
    • generals007
      Very bad board for cbet: flushdraw, straightdraw, and possibility he has hit trips, as I take it from preflop play.
      Also if you think you want to cbet, bet higher, since you want to protect your air vs the mentioned draws.
    • Kaitz20
      c/f there is fine to take.
      Since he limped, I´d probably still fire 2$ c-bet, since board is dry and I want that he would fold 90% of his range.