[NL2-NL10] NL100, Q3o, TP, blindbattle

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , 3:spade:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,50, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2,00) 4:heart: , 2:club: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,00, SB raises to $4,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Turn: ($10,00) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $10,00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,00

Against unknown villain I didn't feel comfortable going broke... ...would it be safe to do so?
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Hi Burek2k,

no BBash?

You really could have expected a bet on the Turn since his check/minraise gives him iniative when you call. But for what are you calling for??

I either Push or Fold here and I am inclined to shove it here since his check/minraise can also indicate a PP like 66/55 or Ax

Best regards,
    • burek2000
      I don't like BBash with complete preflop trash, I at least need somekind of a hand to do it, this way I kinda balance my lines and also have easier postflop. On the other hand, if BB checks to me on the flop, I bet pot anyway, even if e.g. I didn't have TP I would play same way.

I as well didn't like shoving flop, because I have position and I think a shove would just isolate me against better hands. So, my plan was to re-evaluata turn and try c/c down the hand, but when he bets so strong into me, I decided to fold on turn, but maybe he bet so strong just to make me fold, so perhaps I should have shoved turn, but I'm not sure about it, looked like to me he was slowplaying something from beginning...
    • ysessa
      i would fold the flop tp no kicker against complete check minraise flop is to weak for me, btw its not just push or fold on the flop... its ok to call here with a better q to let him continue bluffing his bad hands... against a shove he will fold his bluffs..