Palladium Lounge

• csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I have been playing at party as well as two other sites for along time now but I have realised it would be better for me to play at just 2 sites so i can climb higher up the "VIP ladder" and get more effective rakeback

What benefits do you get from the Palladium lounge?
  • 7 replies
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      There is 50% more points promotion running this weekend.

And only other promotion was 1500$ bonus with quite high clearance rate. You didn't need to deposit but you needed collect 2100 points for 300$ increment. I managed to clear 3 increments so it was 900$ for me. And yeah you had like 10 days if I not mistaken.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      hmm sounds interesting, i guess ill have to weigh up the pros and cons I've decided that my main site will be ladbrokes, due to the softness of the games and the rake race which gives a really good rakeback rate.

But was trying to weigh up the pros and cons of party,FT and cake as ill be spending most of my time trying to improve my position in the rake race i guess ideally i would want something that would guarantee me rakeback and i wouldn't have to put in too much volume but a site i could play for a change of scenery and a bit better table selection. I've been checking pokertableratings.com and it seems party isn't that soft anymore compared to other sites.

How long have you been a member of the palladium lounge? just trying to get an idea of how often these promotions run.
    • Dalcon
      Dalcon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hunt32
      There is 50% more points promotion running this weekend.

And only other promotion was 1500$ bonus with quite high clearance rate. You didn't need to deposit but you needed collect 2100 points for 300$ increment. I managed to clear 3 increments so it was 900$ for me. And yeah you had like 10 days if I not mistaken.
      15 days as far as i know
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      hmm sounds interesting, i guess ill have to weigh up the pros and cons I've decided that my main site will be ladbrokes, due to the softness of the games and the rake race which gives a really good rakeback rate.

But was trying to weigh up the pros and cons of party,FT and cake as ill be spending most of my time trying to improve my position in the rake race i guess ideally i would want something that would guarantee me rakeback and i wouldn't have to put in too much volume but a site i could play for a change of scenery and a bit better table selection. I've been checking pokertableratings.com and it seems party isn't that soft anymore compared to other sites.

How long have you been a member of the palladium lounge? just trying to get an idea of how often these promotions run.
      I've been palladium since the beginning of the new sistem, December I guess, since January for sure. The bonus was offered at the end of January.

There were also 2 other promotions, not sure if first one was reserved for VIP. It was called "Points mean Cash" and didn't have much of a value, actually it had less value than BONUS at shop.

The other one had nice value, but you had to collect 15k in two months to get about the same prize you would get if you bought 1000$ bonus in shop, next step was more rewarding, it was 20k points for 1900$, third step was even a better deal... you get the point.

But it was too much grinding, so I didn't take a shot at it.

Anyway, my suggestion is not to count too much on the Palladium Lounge. Your main arguments should be, fishy players, decent bonuses in shop, good software for multitabling. Cons - less rakeback than some other sites (bonuses in shop are aprox. 15-20% rakeback).

cheers
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      Actually I think, if you play $0.50 / $1 Fixed Limit Full Ring, their best bonuses represent around 50% rakeback easily.

This is why, despite being a NL player, I played it for a while. Too bad I got crushed badly, I got a solid -6 BB/100 (Win??) Rate. No rakeback amount can ever compensate for that.

Your main goal should always be finding games you can beat easily. The rest is fine tuning.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      PartyPoker claim that being Palladium nets you ~30% rakeback, bonuses and promotions included.
      Buying bonus cash (or the 15k$ cash) from the shop will get you 15% rakeback already.
      Oh and btw that 1500$ no-deposit bonus is a regular thing, I was offered one a week or so ago (but couldn't claim it due to clearing another bonus at the same time)
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      really? just 30% with everything included, I think FT may be a better choice for me, I havn't played there before but from checking pokertableratings it does seem alot fishier than party and you can get fishy tables at all times of the day, whereas with party all the fish are on jackpot or speed tables where i don't like to play unless it's peak time of course.

I still have another 800 points or so to clear on party to get the 12k so ill play there for a short while see if things change, I am in no rush to clear them as still have a fair few of those unvested points, then ill make my final decision on if i just take the cash and leave or buy a bonus and stay.

Thanks for all the info and help.