$4.96
      MP1:
      $5.46
      MP2:
      $1.74
      BU:
      $0.81

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, BU calls $0.04, SB raises to $0.24, 3 folds, BU calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) 9:heart: , 4:diamond: , A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.32, BU folds.

Final Pot: $0.92

I didnt want to raise him and risk being re-raised, and if i call, ppl will prob call behind, so I just folded. Im trying to get out of the red with AK, since Im losing too many hands with it.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I am definitely calling here with AK, you have position over BB. Vs which player do you play with AK then? If you even don't play with a loose player then you can always fold AK. But you are right, playing with AK is pretty hard. On my own I have also a leak with AK, especially AKo :P I haven't made any profit with it because I used to loose pretty with big them at start. At least it's getting better for now...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Seeing his exact stats (expert stats) I can safely call pf or even 3-bet, but Im still using basic stats. I will unlock expert stats on Elephant this week though.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Seeing his exact stats (expert stats) I can safely call pf or even 3-bet, but Im still using basic stats. I will unlock expert stats on Elephant this week though.
      you are funny always talking about expert stats and basic stats :D
      about the hand
      even if he has a preaty tight range raising from sb with so many limpers i like 3 beting AK and geting it in . alot of times he will give up preflop tough because he tries to steal the dead money
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      about the hand
      even if he has a preaty tight range raising from sb with so many limpers i like 3 beting AK and geting it in . alot of times he will give up preflop tough because he tries to steal the dead money
      gl
      I guess Im frustrated because I get the feeling Im losing money because of not having expert Elephant stats unlocked.

I think I understand AK better now.

1. If I 3bet/fold its a bluff, so I must go with the hand.
      2. Im behind only AA/KK which are unlikely since I have AK
      3. Its like never folding KK since even if he has AA, we can suckout?

But what to do against a raise from a nit and a call from a LAG? 3bet/call knowing he has tight range? I cant call nit since LAG will come along too.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      about the hand
      gl
      I guess Im frustrated because I get the feeling Im losing money because of not having expert Elephant stats unlocked.

I think I understand AK better now.

2. Im behind only AA/KK which are unlikely since I have AK
      3. Its like never folding KK since even if he has AA, we can suckout?

But what to do against a raise from a nit and a call from a LAG? 3bet/call knowing he has tight range? I cant call nit since LAG will come along too.
      You can suckout even to AA :) at 7% of times.
      against nit I´d prefer 3-bet and then fold, since he would likely shove with KK and AA there.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      What? Why? 4bet/fold is a mistake and I agree, but why should 3bet/fold be wrong? Don't get it. Can any judge comment on that? TIA.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      What? Why? 4bet/fold is a mistake and I agree, but why should 3bet/fold be wrong? Don't get it. Can any judge comment on that? TIA.
      with 4-bet you´ve invested too much to fold (just getting too good odds if get shoves, especially when you believe that player can shove QQ+, AK)
      with 3-bet you can still get away with AK if you put nit only on AA, KK.