This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo BB

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.96
      MP1:
      $5.46
      MP2:
      $1.74
      BU:
      $0.81

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, BU calls $0.04, SB raises to $0.24, 3 folds, BU calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) 9:heart: , 4:diamond: , A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.32, BU folds.

Final Pot: $0.92

I didnt want to raise him and risk being re-raised, and if i call, ppl will prob call behind, so I just folded. Im trying to get out of the red with AK, since Im losing too many hands with it.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I am definitely calling here with AK, you have position over BB. Vs which player do you play with AK then? If you even don't play with a loose player then you can always fold AK. But you are right, playing with AK is pretty hard. On my own I have also a leak with AK, especially AKo :P I haven't made any profit with it because I used to loose pretty with big them at start. At least it's getting better for now...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Seeing his exact stats (expert stats) I can safely call pf or even 3-bet, but Im still using basic stats. I will unlock expert stats on Elephant this week though.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Seeing his exact stats (expert stats) I can safely call pf or even 3-bet, but Im still using basic stats. I will unlock expert stats on Elephant this week though.
      you are funny always talking about expert stats and basic stats :D
      about the hand
      even if he has a preaty tight range raising from sb with so many limpers i like 3 beting AK and geting it in . alot of times he will give up preflop tough because he tries to steal the dead money
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      about the hand
      even if he has a preaty tight range raising from sb with so many limpers i like 3 beting AK and geting it in . alot of times he will give up preflop tough because he tries to steal the dead money
      gl
      I guess Im frustrated because I get the feeling Im losing money because of not having expert Elephant stats unlocked.

I think I understand AK better now.

1. If I 3bet/fold its a bluff, so I must go with the hand.
      2. Im behind only AA/KK which are unlikely since I have AK
      3. Its like never folding KK since even if he has AA, we can suckout?

But what to do against a raise from a nit and a call from a LAG? 3bet/call knowing he has tight range? I cant call nit since LAG will come along too.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      about the hand
      gl
      I guess Im frustrated because I get the feeling Im losing money because of not having expert Elephant stats unlocked.

I think I understand AK better now.

2. Im behind only AA/KK which are unlikely since I have AK
      3. Its like never folding KK since even if he has AA, we can suckout?

But what to do against a raise from a nit and a call from a LAG? 3bet/call knowing he has tight range? I cant call nit since LAG will come along too.
      You can suckout even to AA :) at 7% of times.
      against nit I´d prefer 3-bet and then fold, since he would likely shove with KK and AA there.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      What? Why? 4bet/fold is a mistake and I agree, but why should 3bet/fold be wrong? Don't get it. Can any judge comment on that? TIA.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      What? Why? 4bet/fold is a mistake and I agree, but why should 3bet/fold be wrong? Don't get it. Can any judge comment on that? TIA.
      with 4-bet you´ve invested too much to fold (just getting too good odds if get shoves, especially when you believe that player can shove QQ+, AK)
      with 3-bet you can still get away with AK if you put nit only on AA, KK.