$3.96
      MP1:
      $4.81
      MP2:
      $1.92
      Hero:
      $5.17

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 raises to $0.28, MP2 calls $0.28, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.28, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.94) 3:spade: , 9:diamond: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0.28, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.50) J:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.56, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.06

I dont like 3betting nits with AK anymore so I just call. Flop bet is very small but I should fold I think.
  • 7 replies
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      in fact you shoudl be 3betting nits with a wider range. think about how many hands they are going to fold anything but QQ+. Plus flatting AK is going to let more players from late position in the pot and underrepping your hand. I know you feel bad when u don't hit the flop but its ok. A standard c-bet should work every 60% of the time.

About the hand, I know AK has showdown value but you should raise his weak flop bet. It makes your turn and river decisions much easier to play.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      It's okey to call such a minbet on flop & revalue turn. Nice hand, well played.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It's not a mistake, but i think you'd win more in the long run if you'd reraise such players preflop, you don't need to hit if you are the aggressor. now let's say you call and the flop is A high, will you get any more action from him? Only if he has AA or AK too, so not reraising here is not using out your position against players who has folding equity.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      well you probably know i dont like calling ak here especialy with another guy in the hand and i prefer 3beting because sometimes you get the pot right there and some times he gets in with dominated hands
      as played postflop nh
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      well you probably know i dont like calling ak here especialy with another guy in the hand and i prefer 3beting because sometimes you get the pot right there and some times he gets in with dominated hands
      as played postflop nh
      gl
      ok, lets say I 3bet, what do I do if he 4bets or shoves? He is 15/2

Lets say I 3bet and he calls. What do i do if flop is rags and he leads? What if flop is rags and he checks to me?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      hi
      as played postflop nh
      gl

Lets say I 3bet and he calls. What do i do if flop is rags and he leads? What if flop is rags and he checks to me?
      That's why I like calling more. If he shoves you have to fold.
      If he calls:
      Flop is rags and he leads: You have to fold.
      Flop is rags and he checks: You can fire here but have to watch out because he can easily slowplay AA. So if I am betting there then I am betting a bit more than 1/2 pot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      hi
      as played postflop nh
      gl

then you have to fold, but he shoves there less than 10% imo.