This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] QQ NL5

• mistralx
      mistralx
      Silver
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 171.5 BB (VPIP: 18.75, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 49)
      SB: 120 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      BB: 56 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
      UTG: 76 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      MP: 312 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
      Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, SB calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (7.5 BB, 3 players) 6:club: 8:diamond: J:diamond:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 5 BB, SB calls 5 BB, fold

Turn: (17.5 BB, 2 players) T:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 12 BB, SB raises to 24 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

River: (65.5 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB bets 63 BB, fold,

Any assumptions?
      Fold OTT?
      Call OTT and decide OTR? In this case - fold?
  • 10 replies
    • deezerr79
      deezerr79
      Bronze
      Turn's scary dude. I'm probably checking it for pot control. A better hand will hopefully bet river and I'm likely pay them. If they check raise my value bet on river...not a good spot.
    • deezerr79
      deezerr79
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deezerr79
      Turn's scary dude. I'm probably checking it for pot control. A better hand will hopefully bet river and I'm likely paying them. If they check raise my value bet on river...not a good spot.
    • la55i
      la55i
      There are still a lot of draws and even more opened OTT. I think checking behind and giving a free card would be a mistake. It is a lot better to bet the turn, charge draws and Jx hands and then check behind OTR than check OTR, give free card and then call the river when villain bets.

As played is fine. At NL5 these turn min raises are often way too value heavy so you could consider making an exploitative fold, but on that haves this many draws and vs a minraise I would call too.
    • tschoa
      tschoa
      Gold
      well played
    • balapoker2
      balapoker2
      Bronze
      Good play i think
    • LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Silver
      i hate these min-raises. but I think I'd have played same like you
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Hey :)

Hand is played great. OTT you can fold and it isn't a mistake, but I don't think calling is either. The board is so bad you could think about underbetting IP and then checking back river. There is a population read at these limits, and the turn min raise is usually 2pair+, but I as la55i said the expectation isn't going to be that different.

BB calls with a lot of broaways and suited connecters here, so there is a lot of 2pair and some sets in his/her range, however I would expect 66, 88 to be raising here. There are a LOT of draws. 79 completes on the turn and TT sets up.

The EV from folding and calling is probably pretty close imo.
    • Iscre4m
      Iscre4m
      Bronze
      I love to play vs. turn minraises. In this case I'd bet/fold as well. Imagine that we also have many FD's, backdoors included, where we can call with superb odds.
      We have many sets as well, where we can bet/3bet - JJ, TT, 88, 66. Sometimes some Q9s.
      I think bet/folding QQ-AA is ok at this spot. (Against average opponent at microstakes)

Ofc, checking back OTT is a big mistake.

Since Villain didn't raise OTF I think that Turn improved his hand like TT, 79s, JTs, AcJc. He has some few sets and we have so many. See, where I'm going?

Poeple make mistake by x/r two pair here and we actually can outplay them by having our range stronger. No QQ, no KK, no AA.
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      You can't really give free cards to draws, so checking is imo bad. As said before, those min-raises are rather annoying, but you played the hand well.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      There was a Theorem about facing a turn raise that I do not know if it is still valid...
      But still fold turn and move on.
      As played, the flush too came on river and we can fold.