SNG 6max 0.25€ A6o HU

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 100/200 Ante 25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 27.11 BB
      BB: 17.9 BB (VPIP: 67.10, PFR: 8.61, 3Bet Preflop: 3.92, Hands: 165)

2 players post ante of 0.13 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.75 BB) Hero has 6:diamond: A:heart:

Hero raises to 2 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.25 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 7:diamond: 5:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets 2.13 BB, BB calls 2.13 BB

Turn: (8.5 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets 4.25 BB, BB calls 4.25 BB

River: (17 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      BB bets 9.4 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 9.4 BB

What do you think he push this river? Flush and he is trapping?

Cumps ;)
  • 8 replies
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      I think I would rather call if I would have also a flush blocker. I mean beside the flush there is also still the nut str8 possible for him to have.
      The good think is that you block a combo of the nut straight but that does not mean that he can not have it.

This is a HU from a 6max game so if he was already aggressive before the heads up then I could be more inclined to call his river shove. But if he was very tight then I would tend to fold.

If you are interested in a GTO solution. I have used 20bb preflop ranges because I dont have ranges for 17.9bb
      but I think it should be ok. You can see that GTO would call A6o but it makes no sense if your opponent jams only a flush for example. But if there are also weaker hands and some bluffs then you should call.

This would GTO donk ship on river.

This would GTO call vs. the river donk ship.
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      Thank you for the explanation :) well he's playing too passive, just calling most of the times with bottom pair, some overcards that hit something on the river or draws that fail.... This wasn't the first time that he shows strenght but i fold the other hands so i don't know what he has and his stats indicate that he bets river 46% (5/11 hands). Against an unknown player it seems difficult to fold straight on river... Don't you think he probably raises turn if he hits flush?

Cumps ;)
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mayb3n0T
      Don't you think he probably raises turn if he hits flush?

Cumps ;)
      Yes I think he would raise a flush most of the time on turn.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I think that depends how good his flush is, but I wouldn’t mind calling a weaker flush as well on the turn to try to get max value of his flush. Off course I would most likely checking the river again and call a shove. I doubt you would check behind often after betting on 2 streets already.

In your case the spot is nasty, but you are only beating a random bluff and I would make a fold here, but it’s nasty for sure with the odds you get.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      So in this case you check turn or bet? I'm having troubles to understand their hands because they are capable of doing any sort of plays. In this case he was KJo, he calls two times with overcards and shoves when hits J on the river, i'm not putting him on this hand and my first thought was that he was flush.... I know this is a very profitable guy to play with but most of times i get this boarderline decisions

Cumps ;)
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mayb3n0T
      So in this case you check turn or bet? I'm having troubles to understand their hands because they are capable of doing any sort of plays. In this case he was KJo, he calls two times with overcards and shoves when hits J on the river, i'm not putting him on this hand and my first thought was that he was flush.... I know this is a very profitable guy to play with but most of times i get this boarderline decisions

Cumps ;)
      Write a note. So if u are later again in a similar situation then u have information about his calling range. That makes it much easier to make a decision.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The turn is for me a clear value bet with the straight against a fish like him.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      I would sometimes limp preflop but this guy seems like passive calling guy so raise is better. Flop is also spot where you should not make automatic cbet. You have showdown value and solid draw but getting check-raised would be nasty. Though less you expect to face raise the better bet becomes.

Turn is easy value bet and personally I would not be folding river most of time for that price. We need to be ahead like bit more than 1/4 of time and he could value bet same hand easily. Also his stats heavily indicates that he is fish who could do lot of weird stuff like value bet some two pairs on river or whatever. So when accounting all this fold is really questionable with price we have.