This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] At 2NL.. what to do on flop check raise?

• pdfbq
      pdfbq
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 13.04, PFR: 8.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      BB: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 35.00, PFR: 30.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      UTG: 294 BB (VPIP: 26.09, PFR: 13.04, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 9.52, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)
      CO: 108.5 BB (VPIP: 23.31, PFR: 13.55, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 379)
      Hero (BTN): 101.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) Q:heart: 6:heart: 7:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, BB raises to 11.5 BB

After all these hands I played... still not knowing exactly what to do in this spot.

Folding is to weak I think (do you agree?). Calling will put you in a tough spot on the turn because why call the flop raise if you will fold the turn anyways?

Hero raises to 24 BB,
      BB raises to 97.5 BB and is all-in,

fold

BB wins 52.5 BB

So maybe as played is best?

Still puzzled.. still puzzled.. I have the feeling at 2NL just fold the CR... 9 out of 10 you're beat but it feels soooo weak ;(
  • 4 replies
    • tschoa
      tschoa
      Gold
      without any information about the player and no history I think it is a good idea to just play straightforwardly here and call the raise and call again on the turn unless the obvious draws will complete.
      Folding is too weak and raising folds out everything that you are already beating. Also when the BB goes allin after you raise, this does not mean that he has no draws left but you have to fold because you are behind against his range.
    • pdfbq
      pdfbq
      Bronze
      Tnx for your reply.

But, It is a very draw heavy board though. Isn't just calling not almost giving away a free card? Basically every card completes some kind of draw 3456789T and the leftover Hts

I never would have reraised here on Qxx.

Yeah he could have had a draw but I think he had 67. Not son many at 2NL shove here with a draw I think.

My winrate improved dramatically when I stopped calling these all ins :D

Edit reason: Be more precise on what I stopped calling.
    • tschoa
      tschoa
      Gold
      Originally posted by pdfbq

But, It is a very draw heavy board though. Isn't just calling not almost giving away a free card?

No he raised himself so its not a free card. Of course you do not further protect by reraising again but you also do not want to get it all in for 100b with one pair imho.

I never would have reraised here on Qxx.
      if you fold a Q here then you fold almost everything against a raise which is too weak

I think he had 67
      You shouldn't put him on exactly one hand here.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      I think you can call his initial xr as it will be too weak to fold a TP here.
      As played, you should fold vs the push as you do not beat anything and have just few outs.

Note: Do not make re-raises just like that... Everytime you invest, you should be aware how you can win your money back.