Maniacs

• LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Ok, so here I was last night, sitting at my beloved computer when luck actually hit me for the first time. I sat down at a party .50/1.00 table, that had the perfect set up of players. 8 weak/tights, and, sitting directly to my right, the single loosest maniac I have ever seen in my life. The maniac capped every street, with any holding, every single hand. Our average pot was $15. He literally never folded, and kept rebuying when he got down to $25 up to 50. The rest of the players were too dumb to realize that I was raising to isolate, and most folded every time. The end result was, that I could pick any two cards and raise them with a ~15% I would be called from EP, and even less if some had already folded, and disconnect at any time that I would see fit if my cards started to look bad against a random hand. I was raising with any suited ace, broadway connectors, or pocket pair from early position, the above plus A8+ and any 2 broadways from MP, and any ace, any suited king/queen plus the above from LP. I called MP/LP with suited connectors/high gappers.

So my question is, what's the perfect range of hands against a player who only has a raise button? Do I only play the top 49% of hands? Where does that end?
  • 3 replies
    • PicassoYo
      PicassoYo
      Bronze
      connectors and suites lose power in such a game situation, as most of the time there will be 2 players only in the pot: u and the maniac
      highcards gain value
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      But suited connectors get so much better implied odds. If you flop 2pair or better, its 100% that you're getting paidoff, and big. a 2sb investment yields 10bb of his money. If you read ToP, it preaches that suited connectors gain value in loose games.
    • PicassoYo
      PicassoYo
      Bronze
      yeah, suites and connectors rock in loose games, mass players regularly seeing the flop

but at this table there were 8 tights + maniac, so most of the time there will be only u and the maniac seeing the flop ...