[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH: KQ on sb vs bu

• Diedobal
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $2.00, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (18.00 SB) 5, 2, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.25, Hero calls.

Turn: (18.00 BB) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.50, Hero calls.

River: (36.00 BB) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $18.00, Hero folds

BU is same villain as in last hand: 18/16/1.1 ATS: 31%

Having 2 questions on the hand:

1. c/r turn any good vs 1.1af? without turning my hand into a bluff?
      2. If (as played) river blanks and he fires a 3rd barrel 60%+ pot, can I call +ev?
  • 5 replies
    • generals007
      I don't like flop play, I'd either c/r as bluff, donk or fold.

As played i'd c/r or raise turn. I like raise better here because of flushdraw but c/r is nice too because he'd often second barrel Q.

If river blanks I don't think you can call +ev either, what would he bet 3 streets that you beat? But I'd lead out again on river myself (lightly) to get some money in on worse hands.
    • csnmf
      If you check raise here it's obviously a bluff it's certainly not for value lol it's not like he will call it with Q high. Usually i just check/fold flop if a 1.1af wants to cbet a bad board like that it's usually because he has something.

I like generals line of donking river small on blank as a block bet you can still get some value from 88-jj sometimes and doesn't put you in the position of getting owned oop.
    • aciddrop
      If he is still the one folding 3bets 70%, I am definitely 3betting preflop here.

As played, I would just fold the flop.

And once Mr passive starts to bet all streets, calling doesn't have much value.
    • Kruppe
      i think playing this way is ok.

flop you could C/F, floating with overcards+backdoor is ok i guess.

playing turn like this is fine imo. you C/C because you don't want to rep flush by betting out. C/R would be even stronger looking and you would be repping flush, so just betting would be better than C/R. you need a big sample size to consider AF.
      just betting turn is fine too i think, as you get value from FD. river is easy C/F.
    • Kaitz20
      I rather like c/r than c/c on the flop, since unless you hit your Q, K or diamond you can´t continue on the turn.
      I would also 3-bet pf.
      Turn call is fine, no need to build bigger pot with marginal hand on that board.
      River fold is also frine- although he likely has flush or nothing, he has there flush too many times to call him down.