This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 SH AA

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:  
      BB:
      $15.65
      MP3:
      $11.45
      Hero:
      $22.10

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      MP3 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BB calls $0.80, MP3 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.10) J:heart: , K:heart: , Q:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $5.20, 2 folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.10

Should I not conti-bet this? I was quiet sure I was in trouble with my AA when the flop came.
  • 3 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I'd pot it and fold to reraise as you did. You are probably not playing vs straight but vs 2 pair. You'd like the board to pair so you have higher 2 pair but any of the card that could pair would give BB a FH, probably.
      If he is very loose pf I'd try to get it allin instead, he could be playing flushdraw here or only one pair.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      You have to continuation bet to protect but when he check raises you are behind, since you are in positionand its only a min raise maybe you can call as you have a gs, bdfd and since his most likely holding is two pair you have your own two pair outs but it's risky.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d never fold against min-raise on that board, there are a lot of draws and pair+draws, so I´d call flop, call turn and fold river ui.
      Since BB is middlestack, then shove is probably better than flatcall.