NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50)
      BB ($57.82)
      UTG ($51.75)
      UTG+1 ($27.43)
      Hero ($49.75)
      BTN ($79.38)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:club:

UTG+1 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $2,

FLOP ($5.75) 9:club: J:club: A:club:

check, Hero bets $4, UTG+1 calls $4,

TURN ($13.75) 9:club: J:club: A:club: 5:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $2.50, Hero raises to $8, UTG+1 raises to $13.50, Hero raises to $43.25, UTG+1 calls $7.43,

RIVER ($55.61) 9:club: J:club: A:club: 5:diamond: K:spade:

UTG+1 shows K:club: 8:club:
      (Flop 97.2%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:club:
      (Flop 2.8%, Turn 0.0%)

UTG+1 wins $52.83
  • 4 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Bet more on flop in my opinion, don't have to show him that you have Qc in your hand.

Can't do anything against K high flush on flop.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Hi Cervus.

In general, it is better to hide the results, or even exclude them altogether when you post hands for assessment. That way, the outcome doesn't influence opinions.

As to the hand itself.

We have a fishy player, sitting with a half stack, limp/calling from UTG+1. This is a very weak player.

Preflop perfect.

Flop, TP, 2nd nut flush draw, backdoor straight. I think the betsize is fine, because a lot of the time you have the best hand already. Defending against the flush here can be good for deception anyway, and protection if your opponent can have the K :club: .

I would question why after calling the flop, the fish donks the turn for such a strange amount. You are in an awkward spot. When you raise him, he then minreraises, when any sensible play would have involve pushing his remaining stack. Remember this kind of pattern for the future.

Once you are in for half his stack, the odds dictate a call for the remainder probably. But just remember this style of play. It could save you money in the future.
    • Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      Thanks.

I posted the results, so that everyone could ponder over the unorthodox line by the villain. His donkbet seemed quite strange, indeed. I wonder if it could have been a warning sign in itself, even without any history against this opponent. An awkward spot, exactly.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I`d just call on the turn, no need to get your money all-in on that board.