This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PokerStars 0,50$ Fullring Turbo, 98o HU

• Mooharius
      Mooharius
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

here I have 98o in the SB and we're HU. Since 98o has a good playability I decide to limp. Villain minraises and I decid to call because of the good odds & playability. OTF I hit an OESD and villain makes a potsize cbet. Right now I put him on two overcards, a small pair or bottom/middle pair. Against this range I would have ~45% equity. The pot is already pretty big, I have a lot of fold equity in this spot and I will definitely have some outs if he calls. That's why I decided to push here. Would you have played the hand differently?

PokerStars - 150/300 Ante 25 NL - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 18.57 BB (VPIP: 48.53, PFR: 34.33, 3Bet Preflop: 13.04, Hands: 78)
      Hero (SB): 26.43 BB

2 players post ante of 0 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.67 BB) Hero has 9:diamond: 8:club:

Hero calls 0.5 BB, BB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.17 BB, 2 players) T:spade: 7:spade: 4:diamond:
      BB bets 4 BB, Hero???
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I like to be the pre-flop aggressor during the hand and I would almost never limp HU and 98o is a hand I would always raise. This way you get also folds right away. Not sure why he’s min raising. This way he doesn’t get any folds.

As played his pot bet makes not to much sense and with most likely 8 outs for a straight with most likely not to much fold equity shoving sounds fine, but it’s tricky for sure.

Cheers,
      SDK1987