My account has been flagged by Stars security???

• AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Yesterday I attempted to transfer some money to a couple of guys I know from a live poker league I play occasionally in. However, the transactions didn't go through. When I got home I found an email from PokerStars security telling me that the transfers were put on hold because my account had been flagged by their security system; they requested me to send my driver's license and to explain what was my relationship with two players with whom they have "an outstanding issue". I couldn't identify neither of the accounts. I actually don't recall the nickname of one of the guys I was transfering to, so don't know if it was one of them. Last night I was able to play, so at least my account is not frozen.

By the nicknames I guess they are fellow countrymen. If this is the case, I may have played with any of them in a weekly private tournament in Stars promoted by a local Stars affiliate, but don't remember seeing them. I don't even know who these accounts belong to. I sent my id today, and explained this to PS security.

I am not close friends to any poker player. None of my close friends or relatives play, and no one (besides my 5 y/o son) has seen me play online. I just thought this was an easy way to "cash out"; instead of waiting for the check to arrive and then clear in the bank, these guys gave me the cash and I transferred them the money. Is this wrong?
  • 7 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Maybe the other two players are under investigation for collusion or such like and the fact that you was trying to send money to these two individuals has alerted the PokerStars security team and they probably think that you are somehow linked to these two individuals in some way, shape or form.

If you are totally innocent, as im sure you are, of any previous wrongdoings concerning these individuals in relation to their case then the security team will discover this sooner rather than later hopefully.

Kind Regards,

-Steve
    • wiki59
      wiki59
      Global
      Yes, or they could just steal your money like fulltilt does
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      No!!! Pokerstars have an understanding and very competent security section. So there is no way they will steal your money. The site produces sooo much money every second, they are giving it away to some million hand bath and others occasions.
      If you wanna find the origin of your problem, go find those who asked you to send them money so they can give you the cash handy!!!
      Why didn't they deposit by themselves?
      Why at least one of them didn't have a credit card to deposit? or the 2of them?
    • wiki59
      wiki59
      Global
      But how do you know for sure?
      When i recently opened up a poker account at fulltilt my whole intention of doing this was to play my 50$ starting capital. Since i lost a hand on NL10 I got so pissed off that i blew it all away on NL100. I deposited my second br 100$ with my creditcard which I managed to triple up. Since Christmas was coming I decided to transfer some of my funds to my friend for a present. Fulltilt canceled my and my friends account and have withheld my sendings and my br that i had on my poker account. They have asked for a scanned picture of my license which i have done and now they are sayin that is not good enought. So basically my money is gone, my account is frozen, I cant do nothing to get it back and the same thing might happen to you !

Watch out at the tables.
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Stars finally cleared me.

Why didn't they deposit themselves? When your CEO (aka "Wife") controls your bank accounts, and you're a losing player (as I know they are), it is easier to ask for a transfer and pay cash than to purchase a prepaid card.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      I have had some sever problems with Full Tilt Poker as well.

About 6 months ago I had my account hacked. I sent them an email requesting them to close the account. I opened another account deposited my bankroll, and started playing. At the time i was a very poor player. I lost my br once and redeposited $50.

At this point I decided to read some books and seek advice. I did well in live play but could never seem to translate that into the looser online style.

A week ago rolls around and I have built my 50 into 225. My live poker bankroll had some expenses paid from it and I lost a friendly tourny so i was going to use some of my online BR to build up my live BR. I withdrew 150 dollars expecting it to be in my account the next day. When I checked my email the next day i had an email from FTP. "It has become apparently to us that you have multiple accounts and we are closing them all". They claimed that my brothers account was my account, we happen to have the same initials but not the same name. They claimed my hacked account was never closed down and that it was my main account. And they closed my account with funds in it.

Over the next 4 days I had sent all my information, my brothers information, Drivers License, Proof of Address, and any other information they asked for. I continued to let them know what account had been active. They continued to tell me I was lying.

By the end of the week I had got no where. I knew what they where doing was illigal. I contacted the BCGA (British Columbia Gaming Association) to see what I could do about it. They gave me a form that I could send to Full Tilt with rules of operation in BC. Within 20 minutes of sending that document I had every dime of my funds transfered into my Instadebit account.

Needless to say this experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth with FTP. I will never play on thier site again. The fact that they wanted to jerk around a small time player out of 250 bucks because they think it will be no big deal is frusterating. I play poker for very small amounts at the moment but luckily I have a very good job that pays well and puts me in contact with some higher ups. I tend to know the laws and the principal of the matter discusted me.

I am now playing on stars, one of my live poker buddies pointed me in the direction of this site for starting capital. I got it yesterday and built my 50 into 80 playing low stakes S&Gs. My game has been refined and my BRM is much better. My goal is to build the 50 into 500 in the next 3 months.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi verre. Could u give me this form :D ? nah dont worry lol. i wanna see if they re open accounts that they closed stupidly anyway!!
      Im a bot btw. Obv.

-Kingdippy