should I fold AQo early pos, early stage?

• mofire87
      mofire87
      Bronze
      Hi!

Do I really have to fold AQo in early, when blinds are small? I think it's not such a bad hand.
      Same question goes for AJ, but I tend to say I would rather fold that.

What do you think?
  • 8 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Yes, you should fold. Remember that in the early going you want to protect your trips. Playing hands like AQ, especially in early position, can bring you a lot of trouble. Besides, why waste blinds on calling AQ or AJ, when you can save up for AA and KK and then double up. I mean, you can only double up what you have, so, doubling up 1300 (if you had wasted some chips) instead of 1500 might make a different later on.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      I play AQ in that situation... too many people pay me off with worse As and wors Qs when I hit... yeah I will get stacked from time to time with AK but often donks reraise with AK so that's when I get outta there... I fold AJ... and I fold AQ to a raise in front...
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NickParkes
      I play AQ in that situation... too many people pay me off with worse As and wors Qs when I hit... yeah I will get stacked from time to time with AK but often donks reraise with AK so that's when I get outta there... I fold AJ... and I fold AQ to a raise in front...
      ²
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      +1

@ WillyWong what if AA KK never come..........do you blind out waiting for them? :P
    • mofire87
      mofire87
      Bronze
      Okay, others told me the same. So I modify the Starting Hand Chart. (and Pokerstrategy should too, maybe) THX! : )
    • AlphaScorpii
      AlphaScorpii
      Bronze
      I made 1 modification....

I fold AQ from UTG and MP but I play it when suited.
    • igyigyigy
      igyigyigy
      Bronze
      if u call it in UTG, there are many players behind you and also many times u will get raised so imo this isn't good hand to call it preflop in UTG
    • CDVik
      CDVik
      Bronze
      They way I do it is following the chart religiously for a couple of orbs while seeing what Ax's are played.
      If they are played with low x's I slowly add AQs and maybe AQo to my range but I make sure to keep away from players with nit/TAG tendencies.