This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.25€ T9s limp pot

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 25/50 Ante 6 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 38.58 BB (VPIP: 62.50, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
      Hero (BTN): 26.38 BB
      SB: 22 BB (VPIP: 68.75, PFR: 18.75, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
      BB: 93.04 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)

4 players post ante of 0.12 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.98 BB) Hero has T:club: 9:club:

CO calls 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, BB checks

Flop: (4.48 BB, 4 players) J:club: 8:spade: 8:club:
      SB bets 20.88 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, Hero ????

This is an overbet that in other cases it's an easy fold, but this one puts me thinking. I just call this hand because of the odds (it isn't something that i do much, but sometimes on BTN i like to play against fish). What hand he shoves here? I exclude any overpair (it would raise preflop), and fullhouse or trips because i don't see any reason to shove on a favorable board so or he has some draw or a J. In this case my pot odds are around 45% and i count 13 outs (7 for fd and 6 std) so my equity should be 52% since if i call i see turn and river. So after evaluate everything i think this could be a call

Cumps ;)
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Pre-flop I would most likely still isolate with a suited hand like T9s. As played his shove makes no sense, but it’s tough to give him a good range. Read less I would fold this even with the outs we most likely have to hit a straight or flush, but sometimes we are almost drawing dead if he has a lucky FH.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      The question on this flop is: how many outs do we really have? If Villain hit an FH we are nearly drawing dead and only the Q and 7 can help us (so, 2 outs). If he hit some lucky trips, we indeed can draw to a str8 or the flush, but we have discounted outs. If Villain holds 78s or 78o every 7 which gives us the str8 is also crushing us because it gives Villain the FH. Or let´s say Villain holds A8o or A8s and the A comes on turn or river. He hit our flush but this gives Villain the FH. We are only slight favourite against a high pocket pair (about 55 %), besides, Villain could hold 2 clubs as well with a higher card or any club which blocks our flushdraw (lowers our chance to hit the flush). So: We actually don´t know how many outs we have. Besides, according to my personal experience fishes do such non-sense bets like this when they hit. We are in a limped pot. This means also that the chance that somebody holds an 8 is increased.

Another factors are 1) we are nearing the bubble and 2) We still have a healthy stack. So: We are NOT in chip-EV-mode, we have risk premium here. That means: We need more equity to risk our chips than in cash game or at the beginning of an MTT. In order to risk our chips we need about 60 % equity at least! Do we have it? NO!

Conclusion: We must fold here!