[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR 35o in a freeplay

• barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP2:
      $3,94
      CO:
      $9,60
      SB:
      $17,33
      Hero:
      $1,70
      MP3:
      $10
      UTG+2:
      $12,28
      MP1:
      $9,88
      BU:
      $3,43

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:club: , 5:diamond:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,20) A:diamond: , 8:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,19, SB calls $0,19.

Turn: ($0,58) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,58) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,40, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,98

When someone completes pre-flop and checks on flop, shall I bluff with ATC?
  • 6 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi ya barrelhead,

I wouldn't try bluffing on the lower limits but just play solid ABC poker as stated by the strategy articles.

As for the way the hand was played i would have just checked behind as you are holding trash at that time and try to see the turn cheaply and hope to improve. I would play check/fold on the turn and river as well unless my hand had drastically improved i.e. hitting the straight if the 4 had turned up.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Steve
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I like the bet here, you are going to take down the pot a lot of times and since you have a gutshot you have a shot to make a strong hand even if called, so it's better to bet here than with pure air. However I would bet with ATC also.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      With 53o I just check pre and try to take the pot away postflop since there is only a 26.8% that Villain will flop something:
      90% he will c/f
      5% he will donk into you
      5% he will c/c

90% you win, 10% you give up

nh :)

- Gerv
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hello,

thanks for replies.

@Gerv - You said, "with 53o"...so you wouldn't do it generally with ATC as alejandrosh mentioned?

@TheBu11d0g - I would normally do the same, but in SSS coachings and also in threads on the forums this kind of bluff is often mentioned. When someone completes a SB, he shows weakness and when he then only checks on flop, he shows weakness for the second time. So I wanted to try it out. Though, this time it didn't work out quite well :D

Best,
      BH
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by barrelhead
      @Gerv - You said, "with 53o"...so you wouldn't do it generally with ATC as alejandrosh mentioned?
      Without history no, mostly some potential hands that are okay like connectors, PPs and broadways
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Ok, thank you.