This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR 35o in a freeplay

• barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP2:
      $3,94
      CO:
      $9,60
      SB:
      $17,33
      Hero:
      $1,70
      MP3:
      $10
      UTG+2:
      $12,28
      MP1:
      $9,88
      BU:
      $3,43

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:club: , 5:diamond:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,20) A:diamond: , 8:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,19, SB calls $0,19.

Turn: ($0,58) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,58) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,40, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,98

When someone completes pre-flop and checks on flop, shall I bluff with ATC?
  • 6 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi ya barrelhead,

I wouldn't try bluffing on the lower limits but just play solid ABC poker as stated by the strategy articles.

As for the way the hand was played i would have just checked behind as you are holding trash at that time and try to see the turn cheaply and hope to improve. I would play check/fold on the turn and river as well unless my hand had drastically improved i.e. hitting the straight if the 4 had turned up.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Steve
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I like the bet here, you are going to take down the pot a lot of times and since you have a gutshot you have a shot to make a strong hand even if called, so it's better to bet here than with pure air. However I would bet with ATC also.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      With 53o I just check pre and try to take the pot away postflop since there is only a 26.8% that Villain will flop something:
      90% he will c/f
      5% he will donk into you
      5% he will c/c

90% you win, 10% you give up

nh :)

- Gerv
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hello,

thanks for replies.

@Gerv - You said, "with 53o"...so you wouldn't do it generally with ATC as alejandrosh mentioned?

@TheBu11d0g - I would normally do the same, but in SSS coachings and also in threads on the forums this kind of bluff is often mentioned. When someone completes a SB, he shows weakness and when he then only checks on flop, he shows weakness for the second time. So I wanted to try it out. Though, this time it didn't work out quite well :D

Best,
      BH
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by barrelhead
      @Gerv - You said, "with 53o"...so you wouldn't do it generally with ATC as alejandrosh mentioned?
      Without history no, mostly some potential hands that are okay like connectors, PPs and broadways
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Ok, thank you.