Spin & Go $1 low volume

• AdJag
      AdJag
      Gold
      Hello,

Due to the promotions on PokerStars, I started some $1 Spin&Go's. At the beginning I had big problems to win, but I have found some methods to improve my winning.
      The first 100 Spins&Go's I lost about $45, but have been able to regain about $10 in the next 50 games. At the moment I've played about 270 games and i'm still $35 down.

Has anybody some tips to beat the $1 dollar level? some video's? some strategies ?

many thanks,
      AdJag
  • 9 replies
    • AdJag
      AdJag
      Gold
      Here is a copy of my spin&go results form HM2

My results are below the red line. I think this means that I'm less lucky than I should be ??
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      All that matters in Spins is chipEV stat, these two only shows how good you are running, but not how good you are. Variance in SPIN's is huge, so these two lines shows pretty much nothing. 1$... well... you don't even have to think there, the basic 2x2 strategy lets you print money there - You should choose and join some of many Spin & Go schools - If You can handle volume requirements, that would be a best choice possible.

When I've signed the agreement, I was break even at 3$ at best (didn't even tracked my results, since I've played spin's very rarely). Now I'm beating 15$ and just on the edge moving up to 30$ - if add it to the things, that I still have a full time job also I'm married, so can give just a very little time for poker - I think that's pretty decent results :)
    • AdJag
      AdJag
      Gold
      Thank you, VTomukas, for your reply.
      I have no time to join any Spin & Go School. But want to learn anyhowe.

In HM2 I could only find $EV. I had read that for winner take all tournaments, such as Spin&Go's the chipEV is the same as the $EV. I've played 354 Spinn&Go's with stats ;
      winnings : $306
      Net Winnings : -$48
      $EV : 317.5

But what does this means ? Am I good ??

• ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      There should be cEV data in hm2 as well. Basically cEV and $EV is same as there is no ICM in winner takes all. But its likely better to use cEV as that wont take account buyin and is easier stat to compare between players. Obviously results have been on minus so far but few hundred games is no sample at all. So that alone wont tell much. In such small sample positional stats can give some insight on your play. E.g. how much you play from different positions and how. In PT4 this can be nicely seen from positional report. Maybe HM2 has something similar.
    • semiramiRNMD
      semiramiRNMD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      There should be cEV data in hm2 as well. Basically cEV and $EV is same as there is no ICM in winner takes all. But its likely better to use cEV as that wont take account buyin and is easier stat to compare between players. Obviously results have been on minus so far but few hundred games is no sample at all. So that alone wont tell much. In such small sample positional stats can give some insight on your play. E.g. how much you play from different positions and how. In PT4 this can be nicely seen from positional report. Maybe HM2 has something similar.
      cEV and $EV aren't same. Besides that $EV isn't calculated correctly for spins in HM2, it also takes into account the multiplyers, so you may have negative cEV, but positive $EV if you are runing hot with multiplyers and vice versa. What is same is cEV and ITM. There is direct link between them.
    • AdJag
      AdJag
      Gold
      found a 24/7 broadcast on twitch : smartspintv ( a lot of playing on spins, but occationaly some strategy tips )
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Originally posted by semiramiRNMD
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      cEV and $EV aren't same. Besides that $EV isn't calculated correctly for spins in HM2, it also takes into account the multiplyers, so you may have negative cEV, but positive $EV if you are runing hot with multiplyers and vice versa. What is same is cEV and ITM. There is direct link between them.
      Ok thanks for correction.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by AdJag
      found a 24/7 broadcast on twitch : smartspintv ( a lot of playing on spins, but occationaly some strategy tips )
      Also a direct competitor to SpinLegends ;)
    • AdJag
      AdJag
      Gold
      When you look for information, strategy and tips, all info is welcome. I have no intrest nor time to become member of any spin & go team.
      I also welcome the material of SpinLegends if any available for non-members ....