BU = ($52.65)
      SB = ($53.35)
      BB = ($50.00)
      MP1 = ($29.25)
      MP2(Hero) = ($48.00)
      MP3 = ($32.45)

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 folds, CO raises to $5.00, BU calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $13.50, CO raises to $24.70(All-In), BU calls, Hero raises to $33.00(All-In), BU calls.

Flop: (505.80 SB) 2, T, 2 (3 players)

Turn: (252.90 BB) 6 (3 players)

River: (252.90 BB) J (3 players)

Final Pot: 252.90 BB.

I just started playing NL50 today and this is my 2nd hand. :)
  • 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      NH :)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Congratulations Tac, what a great introduction to the limit.

I am wondering if you normally openraise 3BB instead of 4? If that is your standard raise size then ok, but if you made it a little lower because of the hand strength, that will be quite readable in time. Your opponents will be able to exploit that.

It's great that CO wants to raise, and even better that BU, the bigger stack thinks a cold call is ok here. It gives you a great spot to build a large pot preflop, while your hand is definitely the best.

I would reraise here too, but again, your raise size could be quite transparent to a thinking player. The thing here is, you wouldn't reraise this small amount with JJ or QQ, or even AK, you would play hard for fold equity. So with what hand would you be flopping around like a wounded fish here? Smells fishy.

It is tempting to try to get as many people into the pot as you can, looking for value with your big hands, but the truth is, you don't really want to play AA multiway. Against two opponents, your equity with AA is often greatly reduced. You give both hands great odds to remain in the pot with your small raise size.

For these reasons, I would reraise to push CO all in if he wants to play. If BU still wants to call under these circumstances, no problem. But you get your money in under much better circumstances for you.

You will still lose from time to time, but it feels better when you have gotten the money in while you were winning, rather than giving opponents the chance to get lucky.

Hopefully, this is just the start of a great run. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      It seems to me that 3 bb pf raise is the normal raise size from nl50 upwards. I never see anyone raising 4bb there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Congratulations Tac, what a great introduction to the limit.

I am wondering if you normally openraise 3BB instead of 4? If that is your standard raise size then ok, but if you made it a little lower because of the hand strength, that will be quite readable in time. Your opponents will be able to exploit that.

It's great that CO wants to raise, and even better that BU, the bigger stack thinks a cold call is ok here. It gives you a great spot to build a large pot preflop, while your hand is definitely the best.

I would reraise here too, but again, your raise size could be quite transparent to a thinking player. The thing here is, you wouldn't reraise this small amount with JJ or QQ, or even AK, you would play hard for fold equity. So with what hand would you be flopping around like a wounded fish here? Smells fishy.

It is tempting to try to get as many people into the pot as you can, looking for value with your big hands, but the truth is, you don't really want to play AA multiway. Against two opponents, your equity with AA is often greatly reduced. You give both hands great odds to remain in the pot with your small raise size.

For these reasons, I would reraise to push CO all in if he wants to play. If BU still wants to call under these circumstances, no problem. But you get your money in under much better circumstances for you.

You will still lose from time to time, but it feels better when you have gotten the money in while you were winning, rather than giving opponents the chance to get lucky.

Hopefully, this is just the start of a great run. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
      Wow, a lot of analyzes (Y)
      I think hero played his hand perficty consider bet sizes :)