[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR (SSS) - K,6s - freeplay - 2 Pair

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Two similar hands for review. Grateful for your views:

Hand 1

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP1:
      $10
      UTG+2:
      $4.52
      SB:
      $1.90
      MP2:
      $5.97
      BU:
      $1.70
      Hero:
      $2
      CO:
      $10.09
      UTG+1:
      $6.35
      MP3:
      $1.85

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 6:club: , J:heart: , K:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.38, UTG+2 calls $0.38, 2 folds.

Turn: ($1.16) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.52 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1.52.

River: ($4.20) 3:club:

Final Pot: $4.20

Did I misplay this? Seemed like I didn't give villain right odds to call for his draw but he called anyway. Twice. :rolleyes: Or, am I missing something?

Hand 2

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      SB:
      $3.78
      CO:
      $10
      MP3:
      $1.98
      MP2:
      $2
      MP1:
      $9.41
      BU:
      $15.18
      Hero:
      $2
      UTG+2:
      $30.94
      UTG+1:
      $3.26

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , K:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 2:heart: , K:spade: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.35) 4:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, UTG+2 folds, BU calls $0.25.

River: ($0.85) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.65 (All-In), BU calls $1.65.

Final Pot: $4.15

Another 2 pair hand which I slowplayed and got out drawn on the river to villain's pocket 5s. Almost certain I botched this one, but would s/one confirm?

Thanks guys.
  • 4 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Tim,

Hand 1.

I would have played this the exact same way so well played. I always like the potsize bet to build the pot and try to gain pot control.

Hand 2.

I would have played it the way you played the previous hand, i.e pot size bet of .35/.40c and then push the turn if needed.

Regards,

-Steve
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. Thought so... :P

Appreciate your input to previous posts, too.

Tim
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      I like the first hand much better than the second. I like the potsize bet to an unraised pot.

In the second hand though, I think I would be a little more aggressive. Perhaps a 1/2 bet on the flop (no draws). And I would bet heavy on the turn. Especially at the lower limits, I've found it very dangerous to let fishes see to the river, because at that point, they know for sure whether they will win or not, and then they will only call if they can win. So, I really don't win anymore by shoving river as opposed to turn (since they'll fold on the river anyways if down). That's why I like to push on turn so that they can't be "sure" about what's going to happen yet.

From the fishes point of view, in the first hand, when u pushed, he's stil drawing (did you lose to a flush), so still ahead. But the second hand, he's calling knowing that he hit a set, and knowing that you have no chance to improve (all the cards are out).

Anyways, that's the way I see it, let me know what you think.

Will
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Tim64,

With a drawheavy board I rather take the lead postflop as you did in hand #1. That one is perf played since you bet Pot on the Flop and shove on the Turn :)

Hand #2 I would play similiar way without stats since you can't rely on opponents without stats hoping that they will bet. So Bet Pot, they call you anyway if they have something. Opponents are more inclined to just call you instead of taking iniative themselves ;) Psychological warfare

Best regards,
      Gerv