[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR (SSS) - 8,9o - freeplay

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP3:
      $3.75
      MP1:
      $22.92
      MP2:
      $7.42
      SB:
      $1.90
      BU:
      $6.02
      CO:
      $1.75
      Hero:
      $2

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:club: , 9:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 3:club: , 9:heart: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, MP2 calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.73) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 calls $0.70.

River: ($2.13) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $2.73

Am I crazy to play this at all? Particularly stupid to bet once the K appeared on the Turn, I guess... Once again, however, the showdown shows I'm up against a donk with nothing at all (3,8s) and my instinct happened to be correct.
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Its a bit of a tough one in the case of how id play it.

Your cbet on the flop is fine against one player and although you have top pair its only with a weak kicker and there's the possibility of a drawing flush.

Once the king hits the turn creating another flush draw possibility and possible TP for the villian as i think Kx is definately in his calling range preflop so i might have have just checked it down and possibly called a 1/3 pot bet or so.

Regards,

-Steve
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      without information about villian you can play check-fold with your weak top pair, I like to bet out with top pair on this board heads up though.

but after he calls just try to check down the hand maybe call a low bet on turn or river , but betting the king (and that big bet) is more likely to valuetown yourself than get value of a 3.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Tim64,

Only continue with TopPair JACK+ as kicker - you lose way too much money with these kind of situations OOP!

ProbeBet on the Flop is okay but then what Alejandrosh said, go to WTS as cheap as possible.
      2nd barrel on the Turn can be for value against draws but you price yourself in on the river and your hand is too vulnerable

- Gerv