This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 J10 vs calling terminal

• Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10.94
      Hero:
      $11.05
      CO:
      $22.89

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , T:spade:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Called this not because its a value call, but because teh raiser was the biggest calling station ive seen, calling down big bets with bottom pair.

Flop: ($1.30) 9:club: , 2:club: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flopped a gutshot. Blocking bet expecting station to possibly only call. The re-raise indicates how strong he was (set of 9s). But the implied odds of the station were just too good to let go of a gutshot.

Turn: ($2.10) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20.

While this didnt make the str, it did open the OESD. Again a blocking bet, again a generic raisel which is just the "raise" button.

River: ($2.90) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.85 (All-In), CO calls $9.85.

How sweet it is to know you can push all-in with a triple and some pot bet on a dripping wet board and probably get called by (edit - as little as) TPGK.

Final Pot: $22.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, queen high (Jh Ts)
      CO shows three of a kind, nines (9h 9d)

Hero wins with a straight, queen high (Jh Ts)

It took me an hour and nearly $3 in bets / calls to finally isolate AND hit against this guy. I think this hand was the 6th isolation and the first time I beat him, despite him being willing to call 2/3 BB with offsuit picture - rags.

Calling station doesnt do this player justice. He was a calling terminal. Edit - should note when i sat at the table he was up to $29 from generous bluffers. Edit later - he left with $4 after someone else caught him with KK vs 88 :(
  • 2 replies