Stack
      SB:
      $10.94
      Hero:
      $11.05
      CO:
      $22.89

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , T:spade:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Called this not because its a value call, but because teh raiser was the biggest calling station ive seen, calling down big bets with bottom pair.

Flop: ($1.30) 9:club: , 2:club: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flopped a gutshot. Blocking bet expecting station to possibly only call. The re-raise indicates how strong he was (set of 9s). But the implied odds of the station were just too good to let go of a gutshot.

Turn: ($2.10) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20.

While this didnt make the str, it did open the OESD. Again a blocking bet, again a generic raisel which is just the "raise" button.

River: ($2.90) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.85 (All-In), CO calls $9.85.

How sweet it is to know you can push all-in with a triple and some pot bet on a dripping wet board and probably get called by (edit - as little as) TPGK.

Final Pot: $22.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, queen high (Jh Ts)
      CO shows three of a kind, nines (9h 9d)

Hero wins with a straight, queen high (Jh Ts)

It took me an hour and nearly $3 in bets / calls to finally isolate AND hit against this guy. I think this hand was the 6th isolation and the first time I beat him, despite him being willing to call 2/3 BB with offsuit picture - rags.

Calling station doesnt do this player justice. He was a calling terminal. Edit - should note when i sat at the table he was up to $29 from generous bluffers. Edit later - he left with $4 after someone else caught him with KK vs 88 :(
  • 2 replies