[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH QTo

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , T:club:
      [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], MP3 calls $0,25, [color:grey]3 folds[/color], Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) 8:spade: , Q:club: , K:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0,60) T:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $0,50[/color], [color:red]MP3 raises to $1,25[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $3,25[/color], MP3 calls $2,00.

River: ($7,10) J:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], [color:red]MP3 raises to $4,25[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Final Pot: $13,35

I played blockbet/fold river but his raise is so small. Should I have called? I still think it's a fold tho.
  • 2 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      In an unraised pot, it is definitely better to bet the flop with your second pair. You can take it down a lot of times right there, and will get information about how you stand.

The turn would be much easier to protect if you had already bet the flop, I think. As played it is ok, but if he went over the top after your 3bet you would be in a bad spot.

River, every 9, A and FD just came home. I think a block bet here will always be raised, or folded to, unless your opponent is a rank calling station. When minraised like this, you are definitely beaten.

I wouldn't bet the river. Check and let it go mostly. A small bet might be a crying call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/f line is better to take.
      Your blockbet was to small, I´d make it 3$.
      With two pairs you can call, since you´re getting very good pot odds, although fold is also fine.