[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH ATo nonstandard

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , T:heart:
      [color:red]Hero raises to $1,00[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], BU calls $1,00, [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Flop: ($2,35) J:spade: , J:club: , K:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]BU bets $2,24[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Final Pot: $4,59

Table was calling very loosely (59o for example) so I raised AT independent of position.
      Give up on that board?
  • 11 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Perfect for a cbet, depending on how often BU likes to raise any flop.

This one hits your range hard, often you have AK or AJ. Looks to me like he bet potsize to push you off. You can c/r here sometimes depending on opponent.

You have a gutshot as well, so a cbet which is called here can improve in unexpected ways.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I was cbetting every flop ... still cbet?
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Well, you need to vary it a bit. Don't cbet sometimes when you have hit as well, so you can make different moves.

This might be worth c/raising as a variation, or c/calling and donking with. If your opponent isn't thinking too much, then he isn't paying attention to that anyway.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Eugh. I cbet so much that it would be dumb to not cbet a hit board. Soon or less I'd get called down on all my cbets. I rather have easy lines:
      -cbet flop and give up if i didnt hit
      -cbet flop and call expensive reraises if i hit and bet turn
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      What I've been seeing lately in some of the vids is that it becomes necessary to vary that.

When a pattern forms, people begin to read it. So, cbetting and giving up when you miss always, and cbetting and going on when you hit always, is exploitable.

It might not matter at these limits, but certainly some thinking players exist there.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I think c/raise flop would be a nice mix in this spot. He folds often enought i think and if you get called you still got your gutshot prolly. And if he come over the top again you have an easy fold and it`s a nice way to vary it :)
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I will certainly have to vary from NL50 on but right now I am just cbetting almost anything except I am playing against a calling station or a maniac.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I c-bet that flop. He's folding a good part of his range.

If he calls you, you still have outs =)
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I c-bet that flop. He's folding a good part of his range.

If he calls you, you still have outs =)
      I don't really count the outs because if I get called and actually hit the Q I don't know if I am behind vs a full house. I don't really like drawing on paired boards.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      c-bet, you have fold equity. And if you are called and hit your Q, you are ahead most of the time: KK or QQ would play it differently.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      easy cbet, perfect board.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar