[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 99 hit on turn

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      MP2 calls $0,25, [color:grey]4 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,00[/color], MP2 calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) 6:club: , J:club: , K:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($2,10) 9:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1,50[/color], [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color].

Final Pot: $3,60

pot it on turn?
  • 6 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I raise to $1.25 preflop, and cbet for sure. He doesn't have to have a :club: or a K or J. Small pocket pair, random crap, who knows. And you often will hit this board as the pfa, especially as you have raised OOP.

I think the turn is enough. If he doesn't have a club, he isn't calling anyway, and if he does, he still hasn't got the odds to make a call, so I like it.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      I raise to $1.25 preflop, and cbet for sure. He doesn't have to have a :club: or a K or J. Small pocket pair, random crap, who knows. And you often will hit this board as the pfa, especially as you have raised OOP.
      That kind of contradicts with the advice of not cbetting drawy boards ... don't you think there's better spots to cbet? Any K or high club might reraise me there and then I look kind of stupid...
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I think Aciddrop is right. It's a board that will mostly hit the preflop aggressor. I would c-bet it as well.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I think it again depends on the type of player your opponent is. If he is someone prone to raising any board no matter what, he will definitely raise here.

If he is somewhat more passive, he may call, or fold, depending on his hand.

I think any single club of reasonable strength is always calling, but HU it is less likely that he will have specifically that.

As nttflox says, this hits my range harder than it hits his. In playing the isolate the limper game, following up as often as possible is better than going passive. If they know they can call because you don't follow up, you will be up against resistance more often eventually.

Again, this is the way I play these hands, but if there are reads available that can change things.
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      i would preflop raise to 1.25$ and cbet this flop if get raised on flop fold and give up on turn if i dont hit 9.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      raise more pre. Cbet without further reads because of playability reasons and enough foldequity. You can't call a bet on further streets, so you always give up by checking. He folds enough on that board.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar