[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH K3o

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:heart: , K:diamond:
      [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], CO calls $0,25, [color:grey]BU folds[/color], SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,75) 7:diamond: , 3:diamond: , K:heart: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $0,50[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $1,00[/color], [color:grey]SB folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $3,00[/color], CO calls $2,00.

Turn: ($6,75) Q:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $5[/color], CO calls $5,00.

River: ($16,75) 7:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]CO bets $6,97 (All-In)[/color], Hero calls $6,97.

Final Pot: $30,69

I thought with check on river I'd maybe get value from busted draws ... should I bet?
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      On the flop, I would bet pot and reraise more. Your 2 pair are vulnerable, because your bottom pair is so low. Raise to something like $5 or a bit more, depending on how much he raises, you really don't mind if you get all in on the flop in this situation. You also don't mind taking it down right there either.

That will enable you to make a bigger turn bet, and get all in there as well, which is better than the situation that you find yourself in.

Unfortunately, with the board pairing, your 2 pair is now counterfeit, and any K is now better than yours, except K2, which will split. Any 7 also beats you. You only beat busted draws now, so checking is correct.

Hard not to call for the odds, but you are so often beaten. You need to be beating a bluff here around 22% of the time.

So, generally with hands like this, try to get in as early as possible.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Agree on flop and turn.

River, I at least see a split with up to KJ since Q is on board.
      If I get raised and decide to call there, should I instead bet out myself?
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yeah, you are right, only KQ or AK beat you on the river, or K7 obviously, so calling is ok then. I missed that.

So check/calling is fine then, busted draws may try to bluff you if you do.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Like aciddrop said: bet more/raise more ont he flop and the turn and river play becomes easier.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar