[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AJo ...

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , A:spade: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,25. , CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], MP3 checks, [color:red]CO raises to $0,50[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2,00[/color], [color:grey]3 folds[/color], CO calls $1,50.

Flop: ($4,60) 3:spade: , 6:club: , 7:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      CO checks, [color:red]Hero bets $3[/color], CO calls $3,00.

Turn: ($10,60) J:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      CO checks, [color:red]Hero bets $8,14[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $8,14 (All-In)[/color].

River: ($26,88) 7:heart:

Final Pot: $26,88
      Go wild there on turn?
  • 5 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Raising over the two posters is good with many hands, essential with AJ.

Because he minraises, I would reraise a little more. As it is, he gets 1:2 to call whatever cheap steal he was making, and will never fold. I would make it $3 or even $3.5. Taking it down without a flop would be fine, lots of dead money there.

I am betting pot on the flop pretty nearly, seeing as he has so little left. As it is played, no other way to do it on the turn. Bad luck.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Raising over the two posters is good with many hands, essential with AJ.

Because he minraises, I would reraise a little more. As it is, he gets 1:2 to call whatever cheap steal he was making, and will never fold. I would make it $3 or even $3.5. Taking it down without a flop would be fine, lots of dead money there.

I am betting pot on the flop pretty nearly, seeing as he has so little left. As it is played, no other way to do it on the turn. Bad luck.
      If I normally reraise I make it 3.50 over a 1 dollar raise oop and 3 over a 1 dollar raise ip. that does also give villain 1:2 and is the standard reraise size. If villain minraises I don't think I should give him different odds ... his hand is often crap and when I reraise it is a pure valuebet. Why should I bet different there?

No bad luck, he didn't have flush, just didn't believe me the J.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Nice result then.

I normally raise 4BB+1 per limper IP, and you are correct, he would still be getting 1:2 counting the blinds.

What I think is different here is you have two fish posting OOP. So the money in the pot before betting starts is 3.5BB instead of 1.5BB.

Posting OOP is indicative of a very weak player, they can't wait to get into the game, so post an extra blind just so they can start betting sooner.

When the second of the posters minraises after the first checks, that is even weaker in my view. Punish this as early as possible, it is more dead money. That's why I would raise more here against this midstack fish, and try to force him to fold.

If he doesn't fold, you are IP and have a hand that will be stronger than his anyway.

So that's my view here.
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      nh
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar