[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh Tt

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:club:
      [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,00[/color], [color:grey]BU folds[/color], [color:red]SB raises to $4,00[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color], Hero calls $3,00.

Flop: ($8,25) 8:club: , T:diamond: , A:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]SB bets $5,63[/color], Hero calls $5,63.

Turn: ($19,51) 7:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $16[/color], [color:grey]SB folds[/color].

Final Pot: $35,51

How do I play that pf?
  • 2 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Depends on a lot of things.

How often have you been stealing against him, how big is his remaining stack, how aggressive is he, does he often 3bet from the blinds?

Another clue is that he is 3betting a little too much, which fish can do when they want to try to scare you off. So your reads on what he is doing with that move would be helpful.

Against an aggressive fish here, I would 4bet preflop.

If he is generally passive, he is probably strong and I would fold.

With the turn, after he shows weakness, I would show weakness also, by block betting, as if I am taking a stab, maybe 6-7 dollars. You don't need to try and drive him off here, you are best nearly always, and you hope he comes over the top and you get all in, rather than folding him out.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      b/c is fine line to take.
      Bet 8$ on the turn, that is enough that he would shove with Ax or draw and might call you down with any pair.