[NL20-NL50] JJ, bet-fold?

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Don't know if it's a bet-fold spot, I don't think villain raises with flushes on the turn.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,20
      BB:
      $26,46
      MP2:
      $12,16
      Hero:
      $27,14
      CO:
      $25,00
      BU:
      $85,38

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, CO folds, BU calls $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,25) 8:heart: , 2:club: , 9:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,00, BU calls $3,00, SB folds.

Turn: ($9,25) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4,38, Hero calls $4,38.

River: ($18,01) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $18,01
  • 6 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Do you have any reads on the villain? His vpip is huge and his AF normal for 100 hands sample size.
      I'd definitely bet the turn though. If he raises I'd then fold and if he calls and donks river I'd probably give it up as well.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      Do you have any reads on the villain? His vpip is huge and his AF normal for 100 hands sample size.
      I'd definitely bet the turn though. If he raises I'd then fold and if he calls and donks river I'd probably give it up as well.
      I am OOP, so he can't donk, if he calls then I must play check-fold which I don't like, it's better to check-call now because he cna bet turn with many worse hands.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      Originally posted by generals007
      I am OOP, so he can't donk, if he calls then I must play check-fold which I don't like, it's better to check-call now because he cna bet turn with many worse hands.
      Ya i mean you'd have to fold on river bet.

This is a shitty situation. I don't like my line too much but I don't like yours either. I'm kind of clueless right now. Await judges and see what they tell us.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      NH, with these kind of maniacs you can just downcall turn and river imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he doesn´t raise with flush, then you should actually bet/shove :D
      Since he would likely turn his hand into bluff.
      I would b/f turn, he would clal with worse hands, like pairs and draws.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If he doesn´t raise with flush, then you should actually bet/shove :D
      Since he would likely turn his hand into bluff.
      I would b/f turn, he would clal with worse hands, like pairs and draws.

I have few questions. 1st off I long ago incorporated the bluffraise turn into my game vs weak TAGs on scary cards which play bet-fold every street with their top pair and even two pair and I raise this flop like always vs those type of players(generally almost all NL25 TAGs are weak), and I must say it works perfectly, they fold like leaves from trees, only playback with flushes, when I have flush I mix it up, raise mostly when I feel opponent is very strong himself which can be understood by bet sizing or timing tells.

So when I face this situation and want to play bet-fold turn my opponent always reminds me myself and I feel he will sometimes raise with flush or random float or made hand which he feels is beat because I do it myself and I just can't continue with this hand because I have no exact reads actually. So that's why I play check-call to let him bet weaker hands which this guy definitely can do and then reevaluate river. What would be your advice on this? I am completely lost, playing these marginal hands OOP is my biggest problem.

But what about reevaluating river. I play bet-bet this hand, river blanks, what do I do withotu reads? What about blank river after bet-c/c line?
      I get into such spots very often and I am often clueless if I havn't built enough history on opponent, there is not much river play theory around there ;(