[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH J6o 2pair

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](4 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , 6:diamond:
      [color:grey]CO folds[/color], BU calls $0,25, [color:grey]SB folds[/color], Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) J:heart: , 7:spade: , 4:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $0,40[/color], BU calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,40) 6:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1[/color], [color:red]BU raises to $2,25[/color], Hero calls $1,25.

River: ($5,90) 3:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $3[/color], [color:grey]BU folds[/color].

Final Pot: $8,90

call turn b/f river good? nh otherwise?
  • 9 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I like check/call the river on a non heart.

You are basically putting him on a bluff by betting, because you will fold to a raise. So let him bluff, and call instead.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I'm putting him on a J or flush, actually, and I think blockbetting is a good way to find out...
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Ahh, I thought when you called the turn, you didn't believe the flush. I read it that he was raising a flush draw there.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      I like check/call the river on a non heart.

You are basically putting him on a bluff by betting the river, because you only called his turn raise, and now you donk. Better hands and bluffs will raise over your, worse hands will fold. You will fold to a raise, so you make your hand into a bluff.
      So let him bluff, and call instead.
      FMP.

This is more or less what I was thinking.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I didn't think he was that agressive to raise a bluff again on the river, so I would have believed the flush there. But ppl on this limit are easily dumb enough to slowplay and overplay tptk, tpgk and overpair.
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      i think c/c is much better here then b/f on river
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yeah, I thought because there is showdown value with 2 pair, c/c was my preferred line.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      You`re not blocking anything there. A flush will raise you anyway and a TP kind of hand will call at best . I think with c/c you can often induce a bet from worst hands and get more value in that spot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would c/c river, since:
      - you b/c turn, since you though that he may had better hand or semibluff, why change that assumption at the river?
      If he has missed draw or better hand he would still likely bet river in both cases, he would also valuebet there overpair and sometimes Jx hand.
      Can´t really see why you should donk out yourself if you didn´t want to 3-bet turn and get it all-in.