This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My Spin Legends Poker Journey (Spin & Gos) Documented through YouTube!

• TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      Hi Guys!

In 2018 i am going to document my journey playing Spin & Gos on PokerStars for the whole year.

I have had some previous experience playing up to $60 Hyper HUNSGs and $30 spin and goes.

I thought it would be much more motivating and personally challenging to document this journey in video form so i have started a YouTube channel which you can find in the link below

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTheLittleFish

I am currently staked by Spin Legends and will be starting out at the $7s.

Please join me in this journey, i will do my best to help out fellow Spin & go players and provide the best content i can along the way!

For current results please check out my channel and subscribe if you're interested!

Hope you enjoy and lets all smash 2018!

$7s - 2018

$15s - 2018

$30s - 2018

Spins YTD (2nd May 2018)
  • 152 replies
    • Karcist
      Karcist
      Coach
      Coach
      gl mate :f_drink:
    • BadHabit1989
      BadHabit1989
      Silver
      best of luck :)
      was a pleasure meeting you at the table!
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      :f_drink:
    • maciejg
      maciejg
      Bronze
      GL:) :f_drink:
    • Faultier911
      Faultier911
      Bronze
      gl, i will follow you on youtube
    • Xanham
      Xanham
      Gold
      Nice, gl!
    • totte1992
      totte1992
      Bronze
      Gl with everything. Will def follow!
    • TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      Cheers Guys! :f_drink:
      Thank you for the support! Really appreciate it!
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Did watch your youtube video yesterday. I think those SB open shoves with 25bb with AQo seemed pretty questionable. But yeah if they call with some crappy Ax etc it can be optimal I suppose. But have to remember that you dont mind to give opponent chance to call wider range or try to 3bet light versus smaller raise. Also its kind of disaster if villain is folding stuff like A8 or good broadways.

Cant remember what point of video it was but there was 65o hand in BB where you called pot size bet on 238r if I remember right. Pretty hard to make that call profitable especially with shallow stacks as you wont get that much implied odds for rare gutshot hit. Also cannot count lot of outs for 5 or 6. With deeper stacks I could consider making check-raise with combo like that though versus pot size bet it wouldnt be greatest of idea usually. So should be just folding spot versus pot bet most of time.
    • TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      Hey Guys!

Another live play video uploaded to my channel!
      A profitable session with some interesting spots!

Here is the link to the video.

Hope you enjoy!
    • TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      Did watch your youtube video yesterday. I think those SB open shoves with 25bb with AQo seemed pretty questionable. But yeah if they call with some crappy Ax etc it can be optimal I suppose. But have to remember that you dont mind to give opponent chance to call wider range or try to 3bet light versus smaller raise. Also its kind of disaster if villain is folding stuff like A8 or good broadways.

Cant remember what point of video it was but there was 65o hand in BB where you called pot size bet on 238r if I remember right. Pretty hard to make that call profitable especially with shallow stacks as you wont get that much implied odds for rare gutshot hit. Also cannot count lot of outs for 5 or 6. With deeper stacks I could consider making check-raise with combo like that though versus pot size bet it wouldnt be greatest of idea usually. So should be just folding spot versus pot bet most of time.
      Hi ghaleon, thanks for the post!

Whilst its close between MR calling and open shoving as given by the info you provided, I believe starting out with a small open shove range is optimal due to the fact of how wide players call the open shove at the $7s. The OS range is a small part of my range and I still have MR/call and also a MR/fold range as well. The key is to see how your opponent is playing vs the MRs/OS and adjusting correctly from there.

I found the 65 hand @ 16.51.

You’re right we don’t want to be calling gutshots vs pot sized bets @ shallow stacks. In this spot we’re actually 17-18 BB which is deep enough to call the flop as we do get implied odds here and it does help that we have two overs to 2nd pair in this situation. We can call smaller turn bets with the pair/gutshot combo.
      Check raising here is good also but given the fact he pot betted I think check calling is > check raising and both options better than folding.

Been interested in seeing what other people think as none of us play perfectly and alsways room for improvement.

Thanks for your thoughts! :f_drink:
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Ok it was actually bit deeper than I remembered as it was limped pot. Yeah you can call turn upto half pot or so.
    • TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      Ok it was actually bit deeper than I remembered as it was limped pot. Yeah you can call turn upto half pot or so.
      I agree as well, Thanks for your help!
    • TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      WEEK 1 RESULTS!

Hi Guys, I hope you have had a solid start to 2018!

Please click on the video below to see my results for week 1 of 2018! (You can always subscribe as well if you haven't ;) )
      I will be updating every week so you can follow along step by step.

Hope you enjoy!

• Post removed

• TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      Hey Guys!

This weeks first live video playing $7 Spin & Gos just uploaded.
      There was some questionable plays in this video so please leave your comments!

I hope you enjoy! :f_drink:

• neni0444
      neni0444
      Bronze
      Geul
    • TheLittleFish
      TheLittleFish
      Diamond
      Originally posted by neni0444
      Geul
      Not sure what Geul means but i am going to say thank you! :f_thumbsup:
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      3:20 QTo: Would go for limp there. You have seen he is maniac. Obviously no problem if he min3bets but bit nasty if he shoves. Pretty questionable to stack off but at same time he did shove 54o moment ago so folding would be kind of weak.

Pretty loose plays with some total bottom rank hand. Personally I tend to open fold those especially without antes unless having read that minraise is going to be +EV.

10:13 K9o: Like flop check and turn you can go either way. In river imo value bet is too thin. Board offers straight as well so getting villain to call often enough with weaker is unlikely. He can still have Tx as well.

15:38 A5o: Well played outside river. Villain has shown strength on every street. He can definitely have lot of better Ax. On river check is only sensible option. Too strong hand to turn into bluff and too weak to value bet. Board run is scary for most of villain value range as well so its not suprising for him to check good amount of better hands. You say that you think your hand is best before shoving. Point is not really if your hand is best or not but if you beat over 50% of villain calling range to that bet. Its very unlikely to be the case.

20:36 97o: Dont really agree that AKQ would hit that strongly on calling range. Sure he has some pairs there and sometimes JT but considering stack depth he might not have any Ax, strong Kx and so on. Where as you can have pretty much everything. Though when you have absolutely no equity its ok to just give up some portion of time. But I would tend to bet a lot there if having e.g. backdoor flush draw.

I dont think you can really fold that A8o versus shove. He had been playing shove or fold from BB so its totally plausible he just shoves obvious calling hands like JT and so on. I dont think you can define his range to be tight enough.

30:50 K8o: Flop call fine. In turn when BU bets again and SB calls I would fold. Its really dry AAKx board so our hand is just not often enough good anymore. Also literally no good rivers. E.g. we hit K and still lose/split versus all of BU value range. So we are practically hoping BU is barreling versus two with air or some gutshot and that SB is calling with bottom pair or gutshot... In river hand should be check-fold. Making block bet when its almost impossible for villains to call with weaker hands is pretty bad idea.

32:20 Q4o: I would think about making value raise in turn. He seems to be making those minbets wide, he might size it bigger if actually having trips and turn 9 make it bit less likely that he has one. Also not bad if he folds some random two overcard hand to your pair or call some draw or weaker made hand. In river you have bit of blocker versus flush and 9x is bit unlikely so call is standard. BTW your kicker didnt play there :)

33:00 82o: Playing this versus villain playing every hand make no sense really.