QQ...SSS Vent!!

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Played about 3 hrs last night on Titan, and I'll bet I got QQ at least 5 times, and every time they either ran into AA or KK, or AK and I would lose the race. Sick X( One hand I raised to 4xbb in MP, get called by BB. Flop gives me a set, I push for value, and get insta called by moron with 78o who hits a straight on the sickest river card EVER!!!

I've had a history with QQ for a very long time. The ladies always seem to make me more frustrated than almost any other hand (other than JJ that is, that hand is simply evil)

Got so bad last night I actually went down to .02/.04 to try and get my bankroll back up. Successfully recovered most of my loss, still down for the session though. God I love the multiway donk pots at that level, I can always count on tripling my buyin or more in very short order. Can't stand to play for too long though, the plays I see make me want to throw up after awhile.

Sorry, just had to vent abit. Feel a little better now, but a long way from being happy still.
  • 8 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..................
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..................
      Not sure if you're sharing my frustration, or have an opinion on something in the OP...
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      tough luck man xD my queens always win, same goes for JJ :D
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      play enough hands and they won't gredal:)

STR82ACE: Take a couple days off and try not to think about poker and your beats. I just had a week of downswing (a bit over 5000hands) and it wasn't just QQ and wasn't just coinflips like in SSS. When I had a hand I either made no money because everyone folded, or I got sucked out with 2outers, runer-runer flushes and trash hands every other time. After this I just watched them stuffing the pots and giving the money away with the same trash.

Running into bigger pairs is really tough, but that's just the way it is. I almost folded KK once after a shove from a tight passive to my reraise. I knew I was up against AA but I couldn't lay it down. Sure enough, he shows AA, I'm out 1BI... Yesterday I lost almost 2BI with 2 KK hands, against A2 and A4 one hit a flop straight, other a runer-runer flush..

Playing SSS you often isolate yourself against really good hands because your range is predictable to any observant BSS player. A lot of coinflips and variance because of this.. loosing with QQ isn't that rare as you think.

Hope this makes you feel better and I wish you good luck. Don't worry too much about the beats, it will be easier with time:)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I used to have the same problem with QQ, i'd lose with it every time, against 88 they hit a str8, against AQ or AJ they hit an ace, my set on the flop would lose to a running str8, i'd lose against T6 2 pair, T9 running quads. Those are just a few i can remember. It sucks when it happens all in a row, i think i lost about 9 times in a row with it but in the long run it holds up against worse hands. Just keep playin em n they should turn out profitable.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I play QQ really, really defensively now because I have had the same problem with them in the past. I try to see a flop with them and decide from there rather than aim for a shove.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I'm not saying I hate playing them, because to be honest, I love seeing them in the hole. Its just they NEVER seem to win a race against AK with me...and if I do dominate, they either hit a set, 2pr, or river a runner-runner on me. In the end though, when I reveiw the hand later, I tell myself I played it well, just got unlucky against a donkey.

Maybe I will take a couple of days off...but I REALLY want to get to 100pts to get the silver sessions and maybe start BSS...I've been playing for a few years now, and never really played much cash, mostly tourneys, and its something I want to pursue and grow a br with.

sigh...just wish my QQ would win a race once in awhile :(
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      I play QQ really, really defensively now because I have had the same problem with them in the past. I try to see a flop with them and decide from there rather than aim for a shove.
      I think it is a bad idea to let bad beats make you afraid to play your strong hands like
      strong hands.

QQ is the third best hand you can be dealt.

Always raise them, and only fold when you know you are beat.

I find often the problem people have with hands like JJ and QQ is knowing when to lay them
      down postflop.

you get it all in preflop or on a safe flop, and your drawn out on, Don't let it bug you,
      In time, they will hold up far more often then not as long as when you are going all
      in with them, you are doing so ahead.