Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $72.25
      Hero:
      $6.65

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:club: , A:heart:
      Hero raises to $1.00, 7 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 5:heart: , 6:club: , 9:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $2.25, BB calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.60) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.40 (All-In), BB calls $3.40.

River: ($13.40) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.40

So it's near the end of the night, and i had set all my tables to blind out, and they all did, except this was the last one, and this was the last hand before I would blind out here too. I get AA, and I'm thinking wow...perfect, what a way to end the night.

I actually only played 1 orbit at this table, but in this orbit, villain's been talking it up on the chat, and as you can see from W$SD, he's been winning. But each time, it was hitting some kind of junk draw. So I know he's going maniac fishing.

Knowing that, when he bets $0.25, I raise to pot-size to try to get him to fold junk. On turn, I push all-in, because I beat a lot of his range, even though he might have a 7.

Villain shows 5, 7.

These are the hands that seem to make me stuck sometimes, paying them. Would you guys play this any other way, especially given the read on villain?
  • 6 replies
    • TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      NH... i think ur pot sized on flop is the best option, as the board is draw heavy
      but if u bet higher its an overbet... so, i like ur play here.

im having alot of bad beats too... and i know every one else pass it too,
      so... better luck next time.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      nice hand by you, horrible play by villian.

if he chases a gutshot like the nuts and hit it you have to pay him off , but most of the times he will pay you.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey williamtywong,

A nicely played hand by you. I would have played the hand the exact same way as you especially the pot size raise on the flop.

It was an awful play by the villian from that point on and unfortunately he got rewarded this time but in the long one it will -EV for him and +EV for you.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Thanks for the encouragement guys. I guess in the end, these hands will turn out to be profitable for us.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      why do you want him to fold his junk?? if he calls against the odds, its good for you....

i raise the flop slightly smaller and push any turn
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Hi Ingol,

That is a very good point. There's no way that I should assume I am facing a bad draw with the AA and want him to fold, right?