[NL2] JJ on a K high board

• sdf256
      sdf256
      Silver
      https://www.weaktight.com/h/5a59d808d390436e748b465d?simple=1
      Hello.
      Is the line that I have chosen fine, or would you do something differently?
      I called preflop, because I didnt want to squeeze UTG opening range with JJ (do not know if it was the right decision to call, maybe I could have tried to squeeze and take the pot preflop, since I was OOP for the rest of the hand ).
      Check/call flop is standard I think. I would be check/folding the turn. Then I check/called the river, because of the 1/2 sizing( 2/3 would be fold) and I thought that he would be Cbeting the flop with K, plus he would probably bet the turn as well, since his K was very likely the best K because we wouldnt be calling AK preflop.
  • 8 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think the way you played this hand is ok. OTR villain bets slightly less than half pot and you are quite high in your range, so I think it is reasonable bluff catch. UTG just check calls the flop, and when turn goes checked around and you check the river also, he might be just stabbing you with a wide range.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      It is ok as played.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Looks well played to me as well. :f_cool:
    • LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Silver
      why shouldn't we squeeze here? with a squeeze we could get some hands like KJ, KQ to fold...I think I would've squeezed. Why is calling a better option?
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LacsapR
      why shouldn't we squeeze here? with a squeeze we could get some hands like KJ, KQ to fold...I think I would've squeezed. Why is calling a better option?
      Squeezing would accomplish only 1 thing: villian folds every hand we beat and continues with hands we are beaten by or flip against. So our villain has a better hand and the pot is bigger. Does that sound good if you have JJ ? :)
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Silver
      Originally posted by TurokRider
      Originally posted by LacsapR
      Squeezing would accomplish only 1 thing: villian folds every hand we beat and continues with hands we are beaten by or flip against. So our villain has a better hand and the pot is bigger. Does that sound good if you have JJ ? :)
      I think it can be a squeeze. Even against UTG open, the recommended play with JJ that I have seen is 3-bet and fold to 4-bet. If we play a linear strategy for defending our SB, then we rarely want to call? But maybe calling isn’t bad, either, with JJ.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      Not a good squeeze, imo. If a villain calls we would feel awkward on Axx,Kxx,Qxx boards...
    • LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Silver
      well okay different opinions here :D just wanted to understand the pros and cons of squeezing here, think I got that :)