This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] AJs in SB limped pot.

• BengtArne
      BengtArne
      Bronze
      5-max game. LJ limps, and both CO and BTN limps behind. I'm the the SB with AJs and 115bb effective stack. Should I raise or call with this hand? The limpers range consists of all kinds of trash hands like K4o etc. What size should I raise to?
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Maybe smart to post a hand history of the hand next time. It makes it easier to discuss about it, but most of the time I would raise like 4bb+1bb per limper in the SB on NL2. This time a raise of 14c looks fine to me.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      For this purpose I have the "pot-button" active in my pokerstars client. If you use that, all the dead money of the limpers is accounted for and also the fact that we are OOP.
      I don't exactly know how "pot" is calculated but it's pretty similar to the 14, SDK suggests.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Bronze
      No calling from the sb with AJs @ NL2, man. Definitely not 3 handed. Once again, all some of you have to do is upgrade your account and study the videos here. Boom - You won't have to ask questions like this anymore.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      We should be raising here and raising big. 4BB+1BB per every limper+1BB because we are OOP postflop!
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Would you guys still raise the same 4bb+1bb per limper on NL5 as well? Is there any difference in NL2 and NL5 in this regard?
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CucumbaMan
      Would you guys still raise the same 4bb+1bb per limper on NL5 as well? Is there any difference in NL2 and NL5 in this regard?
      In confidant91’s coachings, I saw him using 4BB + 1BB per limper at NL10, so I would say so.
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CucumbaMan

It doesn't matter which level you play, it's about giving the right odds to your co-players and having them pay enough to see a flop.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Thanks guys, will definitely check out confidant's videos. :f_drink: